What to do if you have a complaint

Keystone Law is committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need to address the problem and your concerns.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the member(s) of the firm acting for you. Naturally they will do their best to resolve any issues.

If you wish to make a formal complaint, then you may do so in accordance with our Complaints Policy. Making a complaint will not affect our instructions and the services we provide to you.

This firm and all the solicitors in it are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and we comply with the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s Code of Conduct. If your concern relates to compliance with the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s Code of Conduct, then you can still ask us to address this directly or through our Complaints Policy. In the alternative, you are entitled to raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority directly.

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

Once we have investigated a complaint, we will issue a complaint determination letter. This will explain our findings and what, if any, further steps you can take. Where your matter is one covered by the Legal Ombudsman scheme, then within six months of receiving our complaint determination letter, you can ask to the Legal Ombudsman independently to review your complaint and our response.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you are eligible to make use of its services and that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.