Jonny is a property solicitor who advises on a range of commercial and residential property matters including, and with a particular focus on, property development (acting for some of Northern Ireland’s foremost developers), negotiation of commercial leases, and landlord and tenant matters. Jonny is also experienced in property finance, having acted for various clients in the refinancing of major Northern Ireland property assets by banks and other funders based in NI, GB and the US. In addition, Jonny is an expert in pharmaceutical licensing, High Court commercial litigation and section 76 planning agreements.
Danny McKay and solicitor Jonny Mullan always seem to be ahead of the curve, flagging well in advance what the issues are and possible solutions. They always seem to have matters in hand with their commercial and pragmatic approach.
Legal 500 2020
- Commercial and residential property
- Finance law
- Pharmaceutical licensing
- Dispute resolution
- Worked closely with partners and associates on the company restructure of one of the UK’s largest independent and social care providers, pursuant to a merger, and the re-securitisation of its entire portfolio of properties situate in Northern Ireland.
- Assisted in the acquisition of two shopping centres for a combined consideration of £145 million.
- Assisted in acting for Belfast-based property investment and management company Causeway Asset Management in a historic deal that saw the completion of one of the UK province’s largest-ever office lease transactions.
- Assisted in acting in the £90m refinance of Kilmona Group.
- Acted in the successful settlement of a circa £500,000 High Court commercial dispute.
- Assisted on various aspects of a £2 million asset recovery case across both the jurisdictions of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Jonny qualified as a solicitor in 2018. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2017, he worked at McMahon McKay.