Andrew is a litigation advocate who advises on commercial disputes, having argued cases before the Isle of Man High Court and Appeal Court on behalf of a wide range of local and international clients.
Andrew is experienced in advising clients in a range of commercial disputes including alleged fraud, professional negligence, insolvency, and commercial debt recovery. He has a particular interest in trust and corporate disputes.
Andrew also has experience of advising clients in relation to claims before the Isle of Man Employment and Equality Tribunal, providing data protection advice, and preparing non-contentious applications to the Isle of Man Court and to the Isle of Man Companies Registry.
I found myself in deep distress when a freezing injunction was brought against me unfairly. Andrew is very professional, at the same time, friendly and sympathetic as well, which helped a lot with all the stresses coming from the ordeal of going through a court case. I am very impressed with his advocacy skills and efficiency of getting the injunction discharged, therefore I would highly recommend him to anyone else without hesitation.
A very happy client
- Commercial litigation
- Trust disputes
- Professional negligence
- Commercial debt recovery
- Employment claims
- Data protection
- Acted for the claimants in the registration and enforcement of a foreign judgment in the Isle of Man, in excess of £1 billion.
- Acted for the respondent law firm following its discovery of a large-scale fraud perpetrated by a former consultant.
- Represented the respondents in a claim for injunctive relief following the sale of a trust and corporate service provider.
- Advised a respondent bank in a multimillion-pound claim brought by a claimant alleging breach of mandate as a result of allegedly forged instructions.
- Advised receivers over Isle of Man property appointed by a claimant bank in proceedings for the enforcement of a multimillion-pound claim.
- Represented an Isle of Man charity in a doleance claim (judicial review) against a planning decision of a Government department.
- Successfully challenged and compelled the discharge of a property freezing order over a client’s bank account pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2008.
- Successfully represented an advocate in their defence of a professional conduct complaint to the Advocates Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Represented a large retailer in an application to the Isle of Man court for a renewal of its business tenancy that was ultimately successfully negotiated.
- Provided an expert opinion on an aspect of Isle of Man insolvency law for multimillion-pound foreign proceedings.
- Provided an expert opinion on Isle of Man company law in foreign proceedings.
- Advised a beneficiary on a court application for the rectification of a mistake in a trust deed.
- Advised beneficiaries of a trust on the efficacy of a ‘no-contest’ clause in a trust deed.
- Represented clients in their successful challenge of the use of the Chancery Procedure in contentious trust litigation.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
George Johnson Law Prize – 2014, 2018
Andrew qualified as an advocate in 2014. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at Cains and at Appleby.