Alex is a commercial property lawyer of over 20 years’ experience. He advises on all aspects of real estate transactions, including landlord and tenant matters, sales and acquisitions.
For landlords, Alex frequently advises on property portfolios, leading lease negotiations, preparing template documents, managing tenant logistics, and disposing of surplus property.
He also has significant experience representing tenants, particularly in the financial and professional services sectors, guiding corporate real estate occupiers through office relocations and complex lease negotiations. Alex has acted for tenants moving into some of London’s newest high-profile buildings.
- Landlord and tenant matters
- Office relocations
- Lease negotiations
- Lease re-gears
- Deeds of variation
- Property portfolio management
- Letting and subletting
- Flexible office leases
- Property sales and acquisitions
- Disposal of surplus property
- Property management (licences to assign, licences to sublet, licences for alterations)
- Advising corporate real estate occupiers
- Rent reviews
- Acting for a FTSE 250 real estate investment trust in relation to its large portfolio of multi-let London premises, dealing with high-value leases, complicated fit-outs, surrenders, property management matters, short-form template documents, and general advisory issues.
- Acting for a statutory body operating a significant London market, including advising upon template documentation and tenant logistics, dealing with general real estate strategy, and managing the phased relocation of a large number of tenants.
- Acted for a leading UK merchant banking group in relation to a major suburban relocation, the disposal of its former premises, and the renewal and re-gearing of its principal London premises.
- Acting for over ten years for a specialist asset manager, now based in Westminster, guiding it through two relocations and dealing with various property issues arising.
- Acted for global commodity traders in relation to a lease of over 21,000 square feet in 20 Fenchurch Street (the “Walkie-Talkie”).
- Acted for global commodity traders in relation to a relocation to premises in Westminster and the subsequent assignment of the lease of their previous premises.
- Acted for a leading global firm of real estate consultants in relation to their own lease of City premises.
- Acted for a leading law firm in relation to subletting floors of its excess London space.
- Assisted a New York-based international law firm acquire a lease of London premises.
- Acted for a global private equity firm in relation to its lease of premises in Salesforce Tower (formerly Heron Tower).
- Advised an Italian financial services company in relation to its arrival into the UK and taking a lease of premises in London.
- Acted for a leading investment trust in relation to its move to the new development at 100 Bishopsgate, London.
- Acted for an investment manager taking a lease of premises in Westminster.
- Advised a British software company in relation to its relocation to premises on the south coast.
- For over 15 years, advising one of the leading travel technology companies in relation to its UK property portfolio, including a sale and leaseback of London premises, re-gearing and extending its head office lease, entering into various leases, and general property management matters.
- For over 20 years, advising a PLC upon its extensive property portfolio, including the rationalisation of and exit strategy for a large legacy portfolio.
- For over 20 years, advising a multinational telecommunications and outsourcing company in relation to all aspects of its UK property portfolio, including a sale and leaseback of its UK headquarters, new leases, subletting, assignment and surrenders.
- Assisted a manufacturer of TV and broadcasting equipment with its exit from redundant premises.
- Attended to the UK real estate needs of a leading global provider of cloud-based technology.
- Advised a multinational conglomerate in connection with a major project to upgrade and expand the rail network, focusing on the complicated leasing and finance arrangements regarding the construction of two new depots, and led major multi-party negotiations between the key stakeholders.
- Advised the operators of the East Coast rail line and assisted with various lease renewals.
- Provided input into the real estate due diligence process underpinning corporate transactions and preparing title reports and Certificates of Title upon a range of properties (including hotels, garden centres, children’s nurseries, caravan parks, restaurants, and shops) as part of substantial portfolio acquisitions or re-financing.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Alex qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at Reed Smith.