Alexandra is an employment lawyer with a specialism in the financial services sector, often acting for PRA and FCA regulated individuals and companies. She is highly experienced in advising on all employment-related claims, including whistleblowing, discrimination and equal pay. She also advises on High court litigation including breach of contract, post-termination restrictions, and shareholder and board disputes.
Alexandra also assists with the employment-related elements of corporate transactions such as collective redundancies and TUPE.
- Unfair dismissals
- Discrimination claims
- Equal pay
- Breach of contract
- Restrictive covenants
- Collective redundancies
- Boardroom and shareholder disputes
- Unfair prejudice
- Advised on numerous cases relating to interbank rate and FX fixing.
- Acted against major international financial institutions in claims for breach of contract, unfair dismissal, equal pay and sex discrimination.
- Advised on TUPE in a multi-party cross-border acquisition.
- Acted for claimants in a group action against major international financial institutions in claims for breach of contract.
- Advised an AIM listed company on a boardroom dispute.
- Acted for global FCA regulated IM firm on cross border TUPE transfer.
- Acted for global IM firm in respect of breach of post-termination restrictions by two employees involving potential breached of their obligations to the FCA.
- Acted for senior executive in claims arising against US Bank from alleged “spoofing” allegation.
- Advised numerous SMCR individuals on contracts of employment including FCA remunerations codes.
- Acted for Investment firm in employment tribunal proceedings for sex discrimination and unfair dismissal.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
“Alexandra is always available and adaptable, as well as very commercial and understanding of commercial considerations.” Chambers UK 2024
“She is diligent, determined and committed. You want Alexandra on your side.” Chambers UK 2024
“Alexandra has really excellent knowledge of the law. She is responsive and very commercial as well as being solution-focused and empathetic.” Chambers UK 2024
Recognised by Best Lawyers (UK) in the practice area of Employment Law (2023-2024)
Recognised in Chambers UK (2021-2024) for Employment: Senior Executives
“Alexandra is an excellent lawyer. She has the ideal combination of technical expertise and creativity, combined with the ability to give practical advice and be empathetic.” Chambers UK 2023
Recognised in The Legal 500 for Employment: Senior Executives (2020-2023)
“She is really strategic, she has great knowledge of the law and she gets great results for clients.” Chambers UK 2022
“She is great to work with, she is very focused and she makes sure that the client realises how the matter will play out.” Chambers UK 2022
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Employment: Employers
“Alexandra Carn is exceptionally attuned to the needs of the client, particularly in difficult situations where there really aren”t many options- excellent client manner- she has a style of dealing with opposing firms that is assertive but low key and is very effective in practice.” The Legal 500 2022
“She’s very bright, committed and calm under pressure.” Chambers UK 2021
“She has a very deep knowledge of employment law and is definitely someone that you want on your side.” Chambers UK 2021
“She does a fantastic job.” Chambers UK 2021
Recognised in The Legal 500 2021 for Employment: Employers
“Alexandra Carn goes the extra mile for the clients. She combines empathy with competence and extraordinary strategic thinking.” The Legal 500 2021
“Alexandra Carn is excellent. Very client focussed, incredibly bright, negotiates and communicates fantastically well, always gets a brilliant result.” The Legal 500 2021
“Alexandra Carn is calm, down to earth but confident and therefore inspires confidence that you are being looked after.” The Legal 500 2021
“Most recently I have dealt with Alexandra Carn, in relation to problems arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, including furlough agreements and pay reduction agreements. She responds very quickly, which is great when you need to deal with matters speedily there and then within your own workforce.” The Legal 500 2021
Recognised in The Legal 500 2020 for Employment: Employers
Recognised in The Legal 500 from 2015 to 2019
“Alexandra Carn is excellent.” The Legal 500 2019
“Alexandra Carn is particularly impressive.” The Legal 500 2017
“Alexandra Carn is known for being client-friendly and commercial.” The Legal 500 2016
Recommended in Chambers and Partners 2016
Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
Member of the Law Society
Alexandra qualified as a solicitor in 2001. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at Edwin Coe.