She works for a range of clients from independent tech start-ups to established companies in multiple sectors, providing strategic advice on trade marks and branding, copyright, design rights, databases, patents and confidential information, including commercial contracts and licences relating to IP.
Alison also advises businesses on IP infringement or other commercial disputes. She has particular experience dealing with disputes arising from software projects and licensing, social media misuse, IP misappropriated by employees, and breach and termination of IP/IT contracts. Alison has represented clients in arbitration, mediation and litigation before the High Court, Court of Appeal and Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
- Intellectual property
- Commercial contracts
- Copyright and database rights
- Trade marks and branding
- Domain names and online infringement
- Confidential information/trade secrets
- Software agreements
- Technology contracts
- IP infringement actions
- IP audits and due diligence
- Court litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Acted for a globally recognised computer gaming company on trade mark, copyright and design issues
- Acted for an oil and gas software supplier on a High Court claim against one of its former software developers
- Represented a FTSE 100 software company in several multi-million-pound software licensing disputes
- Acted for the successful party in an international LCIA Arbitration relating to the termination of a long-running software licence, including defending an urgent injunction application
- Regularly acting for a globally renowned soft drinks brand on product liability claims, supply and distribution agreements and trade mark/branding strategy
- Represented a manufacturer of beverage flavour standards on a case for passing off, copyright infringement and breach of confidence
- Advised a major online retailer on agreements relating to celebrity endorsement, image rights and social media, as well as trade mark strategy and design right infringement issues
- Advised a TV production company on a video production agreement for a new documentary series
- Advised a model agency on a dispute based on copyright infringement and misuse of confidential model databases
- Advised a major UK financial services company on terminating an IT outsourcing contract, including pre-litigation strategy advice and evaluating IP issues arising on exit
- Represented a former employee of a global insurance broker on an expedited trial for breach of confidence and copyright infringement
- Worked in-house on secondment at a leading global professional services company, handling commercial disputes and attending offsite corporate investigations
- Acted for both suppliers and customers on outsourcing disputes, including early contract evaluation, change authorisation notices, litigation strategy and liaising with experts
- Advised an NHS Trust on a long-running dispute involving copyright infringement, online defamation, harassment and social media misuse
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Alison holds a Master’s in Intellectual Property Law from University College London (UCL). She was subsequently invited back to teach the International Trade Marks course to Master’s students at UCL.
Alison qualified as a solicitor in 2009. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, she worked at the following firms:
- Kemp Little
- Taylor Wessing