Alistair is a seasoned adviser to individuals and businesses on the full spectrum of work-related issues.
On the individual side he has long experience of working for senior executives in disputes with banks, hedge funds, asset managers, private equity houses and insurers. He gets optimal results for employees, partners and LLP members in law and accountancy practices. His work is not limited to the City: he has achieved successful outcomes for tech entrepreneurs, developers, advertisers, fashion designers and retailers, actors and dancers.
On the business side, Alistair advises employers in a broad range of sectors on all manner of workplace matters. Primarily his work for business is non-contentious: drafting and advising on contracts, policies and putting in place structures to avoid Tribunal.
- Severance negotiations
- Bonus and contractual disputes
- Maternity and paternity issues
- Discrimination and harassment
- Restrictive covenants/post-termination restrictions
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Service agreements
- Remuneration terms
- Personal injury (occupational)
- Employment litigation
95% of clients who come to Alistair view absolute confidentiality of the outcome as a key item on their wish lists; accordingly, his clients’ names stay out of the public domain save where they wish it. Of necessity, the below examples are anonymised.
- Acted for desk-head inter-dealer broker for whistleblowing as well as multiple strands of discrimination: race and sexual orientation (secured seven-figure settlement).
- Fought the CEO of an international bank’s personal injury and disability complaints, achieving a very favourable exit package.
- Navigated smooth exits for a group of senior LLP members at a big-four accountancy firm, avoiding expensive litigation and the enforcement of aggressive post-termination restrictions.
- Advised a professional dancer in his discrimination complaints against a world-famous London company and its artistic director.
- Defended a recruitment agency in a High Court action against attempts to prevent it trading; resisted action to enforce restrictive covenants against the founders of the agency. The business survived and thrives.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recommended in The Legal 500 2019 in Employment: Employers and Senior Executives
Ranked in the top 20 London employment lawyers in Chambers UK 2019 for Employment: Senior Executive – London (Firms)
“A great strategist” and “a financial services sector specialist” The Legal 500 2019
“Very compassionate and painfully clever. He goes above and beyond while communicating in an excellently technical but human way.” Chambers UK 2019
Alistair qualified as a solicitor in 2005. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at the following firms:
- Stewarts Law
- Travers Smith
- Clifford Chance