Aman is a restructuring and insolvency lawyer with more than fifteen years’ experience working on high-profile corporate and personal insolvency cases that include multi-million pound bankruptcies and fraud investigations. With expertise that covers dealing with contingency planning, insolvency filing requirements, debt restructuring, financing and reschedulings, acquisitions/sales, credit bidding, formal insolvency proceedings, restructurings, refinancings, and debt trading, his career has seen him advise an array of insolvency practitioners on various complex, public-interest litigation cases. Aman has significant experience in acting on behalf of The Insolvency Service in relation to all aspects of directors’ disqualification, from investigation through to prosecution and enforcement.
- Asset tracing
- Company restructures and refinancing
- Company voluntary arrangements (CVAs)
- General corporate law
- Creditors’ rights
- Civil litigation
- Directors’ duties
- Directors’ disqualification
- Dispute resolution
- Individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs)
- Landlords’ rights
- Liquidations (both private and in the public interest, and the appointment of provisional liquidators)
- Personal bankruptcy
- Recovery claims
- Retention of title clauses and other forms of security
- Acting on behalf of high-profile Trustees in Bankruptcy in relation to both UK-based and international asset tracing and enforcement.
- Acting on behalf of insolvency practitioners and HM Revenue and Customs in relation to asset recovery work investigating antecedent and fraudulent transactions, representing clients in both the High Court and County Courts.
- Acted on behalf of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills and HM Revenue and Customs in high-profile disqualification and public-interest winding-up matters which involved preparing affidavit evidence, seeking disqualification orders and winding-up orders in the High Court in respect of high-profile, multi-group and cross-border organisations.
- Acting in conjunction with The Insolvency Service in relation to the investigation of live companies and multi-million pound frauds including “land banking” and “carbon credit” frauds.
- Worked closely in an advisory capacity with regulatory bodies such as the Office of Fair Trading, the Financial Conduct Authority and The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency, including advice on ongoing investigations and proposed litigation.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Charity Trustee of North of England Children’s Cancer Research
Aman qualified as a solicitor in 2005. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2017, he worked at the following firms:
- Bond Dickinson