Amy is a commercial lawyer experienced in advising on regulatory, transactional and contentious matters, with a focus on the aviation and travel sectors. Amy has experience acting for airlines, lessors, operators, banks, and tour operators, advising on aircraft leasing and financing, terms and conditions, charter agreements and disputes. She has also advised on the start-up of a new UK airline.
- Finance and leasing
- Commercial contracts
- Disputes and litigation
- Acted as in-house counsel to the lender and mandated lead arranger on the financing of a portfolio acquisition of eight aircraft on lease to four different airlines.
- Acted as in-house counsel to the mandated lead arranger, facility agent and security trustee in respect of the JOLCO financing of four new A320neo aircraft for a European airline.
- Acted as in-house counsel to the lender, facility agent and security trustee in respect of the JOLCO financing of two new A320neo aircraft for a European airline.
- Acted as in-house counsel to the lease arranger, lender, ECA agent and security trustee in respect of a French tax lease with an ECA supported loan for the financing of a Boeing 787-9 aircraft to a low-cost carrier.
- Acted as lead transaction counsel for the Export-Import Bank of China on a USD$450 million financing to Minsheng Financial Leasing as lessor of two A380-800 aircraft on finance lease to Asiana Airlines.
- Acted for Atlas Air in respect of the Apple Bank and UK Export Finance unprecedented financing of GE engine upgrades and five subsequent financings.
- Acted for a lessor in respect of the dry lease of a Bombardier Q400 aircraft to an African airline.
- Assisted a major Middle Eastern airline with regulatory compliance for the selling of travel products in EU and non-EU markets.
- Assisted a US financial institution with the drafting of a charter agreement with a major scheduled carrier, pursuant to a joint marketing card services agreement.
- Assisted an airline client in structuring its first loyalty scheme programme and drafting the terms and conditions of use.
- Advised a buyer as part of a due-diligence exercise on any notification requirements and/or restrictions placed on companies with IATA accreditation in the event of a change of indirect ownership and whether any proposed change in ownership would need to be approved by IATA.
- Drafted terms and conditions on behalf of a new EEA-based tour operator.
- Assisted with the start-up of a new UK airline.
- Advised a large multinational company on its potential passenger, cargo and property liability as charterer of rotor wing aircraft.
- Advised an aircraft lessor on its termination rights and other remedies, owing to the non-payment of rent and maintenance reserves, under multiple finance leases.
- Advised a lessee airline on the merits of a potential claim against its lessor for the return of maintenance reserves and claims for other monies following a series of alleged events of default under an operating lease.
- Acted for an engine lessor in a dispute arising from engine damage which occurred while the engine was being carried by air.
- Acted for a component manufacturer of a lithium-ion battery in English High Court proceedings.
- Advised multiple airlines in respect of claims arising under Regulation (EC) 261/2004.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Amy qualified as a solicitor in 2015. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, she worked at Ince & Co.