Andrew is a commercial litigation advocate who has argued cases before the Isle of Man High Court and Appeal Court on behalf of a wide range of local and international clients.
Andrew is experienced in advising clients in a range of disputes including corporate and trust litigation, public law doleance claims (judicial review), insolvency issues, alleged fraud, professional negligence, and commercial debt recovery.
I found myself in deep distress when a freezing injunction was brought against me unfairly. Andrew is very professional, at the same time, friendly and sympathetic as well, which helped a lot with all the stresses coming from the ordeal of going through a court case. I am very impressed with his advocacy skills and efficiency of getting the injunction discharged, therefore I would highly recommend him to anyone else without hesitation.
A very happy client
- Corporate and Commercial litigation
- Trust disputes
- Doleance (judicial review)
- Professional negligence
- Civil fraud
- Commercial debt recovery
- Employment claims
- Data protection
- Acted for the claimants in the registration and enforcement of a foreign judgment in the Isle of Man, in excess of £1 billion.
- Acted for the respondent law firm following its discovery of a large-scale fraud perpetrated by a former consultant.
- Represented the respondents in a claim for injunctive relief following the sale of a trust and corporate service provider.
- Advised a respondent bank in a multimillion-pound claim brought by a claimant alleging breach of mandate as a result of allegedly forged instructions.
- Advised receivers over Isle of Man property appointed by a claimant bank in proceedings for the enforcement of a multimillion-pound claim.
- Represented an Isle of Man charity in a doleance claim (judicial review) against a planning decision of a Government department.
- Successfully challenged and compelled the discharge of a property freezing order over a client’s bank account pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2008.
- Successfully represented an advocate in their defence of a professional conduct complaint to the Advocates Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Represented a large retailer in an application to the Isle of Man court for a renewal of its business tenancy that was ultimately successfully negotiated.
- Provided an expert opinion on an aspect of Isle of Man insolvency law for multimillion-pound foreign proceedings.
- Provided an expert opinion on Isle of Man company law in foreign proceedings.
- Advised a beneficiary on a court application for the rectification of a mistake in a trust deed.
- Advised beneficiaries of a trust on the efficacy of a ‘no-contest’ clause in a trust deed.
- Represented clients in their successful challenge of the use of the Chancery Procedure in contentious trust litigation.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
George Johnson Law Prize – 2014, 2018
Andrew qualified as an advocate in 2014. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at Cains and at Appleby.