Anna deals with contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, with a focus on the banking and financial services industries. She advises on changes to contractual terms and conditions, employee policies and procedures, and related regulatory matters. Anna also advises financial institutions on the departures of senior approved persons/managers.
In addition, Anna is experienced in advising on large-scale restructurings and redundancy exercises which often involve multiple jurisdictions. She also advises on share and business acquisitions and outsourcings, drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks and secondment agreements, and advising on senior executive appointments, terminations and the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Anna is accustomed to dealing with Employment Tribunal claims such as defending whistleblowing and discrimination claims. She also deals with High Court claims for wrongful dismissal and breach of contract.
- Contractual terms and conditions
- Employee policies and procedures
- Share and business acquisitions
- Drafting employment contracts
- Drafting staff handbooks
- Drafting secondment agreements
- Senior appointments and terminations
- Restrictive covenants
- Discrimination claims
- Wrongful dismissal
- Breach of contract
- Advised an international bank on its investigation into an allegation of historic sexual abuse and dealt with the consequential employment disputes.
- Advised a major financial services firm in connection with an investigation and associated disciplinary proceedings arising out of a regulatory investigation into potential competition law issues.
- Advised a listed and FCA regulated company on an investigation into misuse of confidential information by a number of employees who had brought information from a previous employer, including attending investigatory interviews with employees, advising on strategy and negotiating the departure of the relevant employees.
- Advised a global bank on a dispute with a senior employee regarding his proposed appointment as a senior manager for the purposes of the SMCR including advising on an internal grievance procedure and settlement discussions.
- Advised a major UK bank on the employment issues arising at the end of its transitional services arrangements with its previous owner, including advising on potential renegotiation of contractual provisions dealing with the assignment of potential liabilities.
- Advised a major UK Bank on the sale of a significant asset management business including complex advice on TUPE issues.
- Advised an international asset management firm on a complex employee departure including a data subject access request and subsequent employment tribunal claim including allegations of sex and race discrimination. Drafting defence and providing strategic advice on the case management and ultimate settlement of the claim with no payment being made to the employee. Advising on a collective redundancy process carried out by the firm.
- Advised an individual on a whistleblowing claim against a joint venture partner including drafting claim and advising on merits. Advising on the settlement of the employment claim in the wider context of a commercial dispute between the joint venture partners.
- Acted for a listed company on the dismissal of its CEO for gross misconduct and the subsequent defence of Employment Tribunal and High Court proceedings brought against the company and its directors for unfair dismissal, disability discrimination, wrongful dismissal and unlawful means conspiracy. Advised on a response to a data subject access request by the claimant and associated correspondence with the ICO.
- Advised on several employment tribunal claims for a major FTSE 100 energy company including sex, race and age discrimination, whistleblowing (including an action for interim relief), and bullying and harassment.
- Advised a FTSE 100 company on contempt of court claim arising in connection with an employment tribunal whistleblowing claim, achieving a very favourable result in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Advised on the employment aspects of Virgin Atlantic’s landmark £220 million secured bond financing which used the airlines landing slot portfolio as security for the debt and advised the same client on several bids for other airlines.
- Advised a major energy company on the disposal of multiple assets, resulting in multiple TUPE transfers to different purchasers with a complex TUPE consultation process.
- Advised on a wide range of cross-border acquisitions and disposals for corporate and private equity clients, including on compensation and retention arrangements.
- Advised on the implementation of collective redundancy programmes, both voluntary and compulsory, for a wide range of clients, including strategic advice on implementation, election of representatives, engagement in consultative processes, individual consultation, legal risks including protective award claims and coordination of settlement agreements, and management of press/reputational issues.
- Advised numerous listed clients on the terms of their directors’ remuneration reports and on the appointment and dismissals of executive directors.
- Advised a wide range of clients on outsourcings, including complex outsourcings involving multiple transferees and associated information and consultation obligations, including the implementation of transitional services agreements.
- Advised on data subject access requests, including application of electronic searching and review for exempted data and privilege.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Anna qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, she worked at Herbert Smith Freehills.