Ashar is a trainee solicitor in the Commercial Litigation and Property teams.
Prior to joining Keystone, Ashar gained invaluable experience in complex litigation and arbitration at a leading US firm, assisting high-profile individuals, corporate clients and private funds across a range of commercial matters. He has had excellent exposure to shareholder and private equity disputes, cross-border arbitration and enforcement proceedings in foreign countries.
Ashar is fluent in German and speaks conversational Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Applications to compel witnesses abroad
- Appointment of experts
- Arbitration requests
- Arranging in-person and virtual hearings
- Attending client meetings
- Attending court, hearings and trials
- Civil procedure
- Companies House filings
- Company searches and filings
- Consent / Tomlin orders
- Costs forms and budgets
- Court orders
- Cross-border arbitration
- Cross-jurisdictional proceedings
- Due diligence
- Enforcement proceedings
- Expert opinions
- General applications
- Instructions to counsel and experts
- LCIA arbitration proceedings
- Letters of claim and claim forms
- Monitoring and supervising small teams of paralegals
- Pre-trial disclosure
- Preparing for/attending tribunal hearings
- Redfern disclosure
- Witness statements
- Landlord and tenant
- Lease exit and tactics
- Lease renewal claims, both opposed and non-opposed, and compensation issues
- LTA 1954 notices
- Planning appeals and judicial review
- Rent Review
- Service charge disputes
- Statutory lease extensions
- Tactics, validity and service of break notices
- Acted for a leading private equity house in a high-value dispute with an established private banking institution. Successfully settled on highly favourable but strictly confidential terms.
- Acted for a minority shareholder in a major, high-value unfair prejudice shareholder dispute relating to the affairs of the holding company of the well-known Radisson Edwardian Hotel chain in the London High Court. Successfully obtained a buyout order against the majority holders.
- Advised residential homeowners on compulsory purchase issues relating to the construction of HS2. Successfully negotiated a satisfactory offer in one such matter.
- Acted for Bluewaters Communications Holdings at the pre-action stage and in issuing a claim against Bernie Ecclestone, Bayerische Landesbank and others related to the sale of a controlling stake in Formula One.
- Acted for some of the UK’s largest estate agencies and surveyors including and regularly advised regarding lease renewals and property management matters on a national basis.
- Acted for a Turkish energy company in successfully obtaining an arbitration award of nearly $800 million in an investor-state arbitration against the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (ICSID).
- Work with the London Commercial Litigators’ Forum for the National Pro Bono Centre.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, Ashar worked at the following firms:
- Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
- King & Wood Mallesons