Brian is a hugely experienced employment lawyer who regularly acts for firms in a range of sectors but in particular finance, banking, insurance, legal, charity and education. He also advises senior executives and partners on leaving and entering employment/partnerships as well as firms and boards dealing with such matters and internal issues.
Brian is an expert in team moves and restrictive covenants as well as director and shareholder disputes. Should a negotiated resolution not be possible, Brian is an expert litigator with extensive expertise in Employment Tribunals, the High Court and above.
Brian is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, and the London Solicitors Litigation Association. He is also Secretary of the City Law Club.
- Contracts of employment
- Disciplinary procedures
- Discrimination claims
- Terminations and dismissals
- Employment aspects of acquisitions and reorganisations
- Unfair and wrongful dismissals
- Employment Tribunals and the High Court
- Partnership issues and disputes
- Director and shareholder disputes
- Advising on employment issues relating to a London 2012 Olympic Games venue
- Advising an international software development company on the removal of its chief executive
- Acting for major public school on sensitive staff issues
- Advising an international bank on the departure of senior executives
- Advising a major London Council on search order injunctions
- Advising a number of financial and city organisations, both attacking and defending, in relation to team moves
- Advising an F1 team on a range of employment issues affecting the team
- Advising a major insurance client on all aspects of employment law including senior-level terminations and whistleblowing
- Advising a major armed forces charity on complicated race discrimination and victimisation claims
- Advising senior individuals on the ramifications of billion-dollar write-downs relating to collateralised debt obligations in a major bank
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
“clear, concise and practical advice”Chambers UK
Brian qualified as a solicitor in 1990. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, he worked at the following firms:
- Rawlinson Butler
- Charles Russell Speechlys