Caroline is a commercial property lawyer with experience in dealing with a broad range of property matters and with a distinct specialism in advising the hospitality trade and charities. She has particular expertise in dealing with acquisitions and disposals of leisure-related property and businesses, and dealing with property transactions for national and regional charities.
Much of Caroline’s recent experience has focused on the sale and acquisition of hotels in the South West region along with numerous restaurants and bars. She also has extensive experience of working with regional charities advising them in relation to proposed property work and charity regulations.
- Disposalor acquisition of businesses and the transfer of assets
- Advisingcharities on charity regulations relating to property assets andspecifically in connection with property transactions affecting orrelating to them
- Actingfor pension funds SIPP and SASS and property-related matters includingleaseback and ongoing property management work
- Advisingcommercial landlords and tenants on all aspects of leases, including newleases, renewals, lease terminations and restructuring
- Buyingand selling freehold and leasehold property for corporate entities,charities and individuals
- Actingfor banks in secured lending matters for both L&H deals and othercommercial property transactions
- Landlordand Tenant work including drafting and reviewing leasehold documents, rentdeposits, and licences for alterations
- Acted for a national hotel chain in acquiring a number of hotels across the country, including freehold and leasehold acquisitions , and negotiating options to purchase, and dealing with personal guarantees and bonds
- Acted for a national hotel chain in expanding its hotel and wedding venue offering, including licensing advice and rights of pre-emption
- Acted for a number of sellers in selling boutique hotels and high-value guest houses in the South West region over a period of years
- Acted for an investment landlord with a portfolio of public houses including dealing with all lease and licence-related matters and giving advice in connection with the premises licence benefiting each property
- Acted for a regional brewery revising operating agreements for its tenanted public houses
- Advised an animal welfare charity regarding its property portfolio
- Acted for a national environmental charity in acquiring significant additional property for charity purposes and reporting to the trustees
- Acted for a range of tenants for leasehold transactions including retailers, manufacturers and business tenants and providing advice on leases, rent deposit deeds and licences to alter
- Acted for a number of coffee chain companies, restaurants and cocktail bars in acquiring various leasehold properties, including advice in relation to licensing issues
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Association of Women Solicitors Women in Property South West
Caroline qualified as a solicitor in 2007. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, she worked at Royds Withy King.