Charles is a commercial property lawyer with a wealth of experience in advising clients on a wide range of property matters and with particular expertise in corporate support, institutional investment and telecoms transactions.
- Sales and purchases
- Landlord and tenant (leases, agreements for lease, renewals, assignments, underlettings and licences)
- Drafting and negotiating property warranties, property schedules to asset sale agreements
- Drafting reports on title and advising lenders in connection with perfecting security over real estate
- Investment (acting for funds and private investors)
- Corporate support (advising on property aspects of corporate-led deals such as asset and share acquisitions and disposals)
- Dealt with all property matters associated with the demerger of BT Wireless (BT Cellnet, subsequently O2) as part of the restructuring of BT Plc.
- Acted for Hutchison 3G(UK) Ltd on the creation of the UK’s first 3G network, including the drafting and negotiating of a global site sharing agreement with Crown Castle Limited (formerly part of the BBC).
- Acted for Scottish Widows Fund and Life Assurance Society on the £97m sale of 27/30 Finsbury Square London to DEGI (2003).
- Acted for Scottish Widows Investment Partnership on the £157m sale of 60 London Wall.
- Acted for Scottish Widows Investment Partnership on the £18.2m sale of a supermarket to Sainsburys Plc.
- Acted for Scottish Widows Investment Partnership on the demolition and redevelopment of Royex House, Aldermanbury Square, London (now 5 Aldermanbury Square) including telecommunications code power issues, obtaining vacant possession prior to redevelopment, drafting and negotiating a new headlease with the Corporation of London, and advising extensively on rights of light issues.
- Acted for Scottish Widows Unit Funds Limited on the £17.75m sale of Sackville House, Fenchurch Street, London.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Charles qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, he worked at the following firms:
- Latham & Watkins
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer