Charlotte is a family lawyer with over a decade of experience in all aspects of divorce and separation, of varying complexity, including situations where there are children involved. Charlotte worked alongside leading Family lawyer, Lady Helen Ward, for over eight years and gained a wealth of expertise in dealing with high-net-worth financial applications, often with an international element and frequently involving trust structures, tax issues, business valuation issues, and arguments of pre-acquired and inherited wealth. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Charlotte spent over four years at the Law Society of England and Wales advising on regulatory issues in private practice in the context of complaints against the profession. Charlotte is a member of Resolution and is proficient in Spanish and French.
I want to thank you for all your help. You have been a great advisor throughout, both in terms of the law and what is sensible. I am very grateful, thank you Charlotte.
Charlotte worked on both children’s and financial issues, including the capitalisation of spousal maintenance, that arose following my divorce. I found her to be invariably hard-working, well-informed and efficient. She gave very sound advice and always took pains to keep me in the picture about what was going on. She was a pleasure to deal with and I am very glad that she worked on my case.
I have been a client of Charlotte for more than 10 years. Her professionalism, competence and sound judgement are unquestionable, but above all I have appreciated her care for me as an individual, not just a client. It is her caring attitude which has enabled me to cope with and understand the complexity of the work she has done for me. I continue to be grateful.
Charlotte Cuevas guided me through what turned out to be a very long and acrimonious divorce. She was incredibly supportive both professionally and emotionally and her expert knowledge of the law helped us to achieve a fair result in face of extreme adversity. She would be my first recommendation to anyone about to face the trauma of family division.
Charlotte was really approachable from the beginning, she was able to really listen not only the evidence and facts of the case but also my concerns with undivided attention, Her work was extremely thorough, she managed to identify, structure and present evidence that proved more than 80% of my ex's allegations were completely fabricated, something extremely hard in family law proceedings where usually its just one's word against another's.
- Divorce-related issues including jurisdiction
- Issues related to unmarried families
- Financial consequences of relationship breakdown
- Child arrangement orders (formerly contact and residence orders)
- Removal of a child from the jurisdiction
- Variation of financial orders and Children Act orders
- Non-molestation and occupation orders
- Successfully settling complex financial cases and protracted children disputes
- Representing a broad range of clients with differing backgrounds and asset bases, from housewives to sports personalities, high-profile individuals and entrepreneurs
- Acting for wife enforcing financial order in case with assets in Israel and the US of approximately £100 million
- Appealing against and successfully settling variation of maintenance and capitalisation case
- Successfully defending, on behalf of a mother, an application by a father to remove a child from the jurisdiction to the Middle East
- Working in collaboration with US and Greek lawyers advising on preparation of pre-nuptial agreement for an international businessman
- Advising local women’s refuge on domestic violence issues and writing and conducting training programme for awareness on legal rights
- Acted on the case of H v T (Judicial change of mind)  EWHC 3692 (Fam)
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in Spear’s 500 2021 as a Recommended Family Lawyer
Charlotte qualified as a solicitor 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, she worked at the following firms:
- Stewarts Law
- Fisher Meredith