Christine is an immigration lawyer specialising in both private-client (including high-net-worth individuals) and corporate immigration. She advises individuals on all aspects of relocating to the UK to live and for work.
Christine has a wealth of experience and knowledge in corporate immigration and sponsor licence applications for organisations who wish to employ foreign workers. She frequently advises Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and overseas clients wishing to establish themselves in the UK.
Christine has expertise in advising private clients and their families (unmarried/civil partners, spouses, children, and domestic workers) on full immigration/relocation, from leave to enter/remain applications and extensions, to settlement and obtaining citizenships.
Christine speaks English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay.
Thank you very much for bring me such great news. You were incredibly professional throughout and our family greatly appreciate all the work you and your team have done.
Tier-1 Entrepreneur client
It was a pleasure working with Christine and Chelsea. Fast to answer any questions, very efficient, achieved the desired result within a tight time frame.
Skilled Worker Client
Thanks to Christine and Chelsea for their help! Very nice! Top class service! Received my visa successfully!
Skilled Worker Client
Christine Chiew was a beacon of hope to my family at a time when our options appeared limited. Her calm and empathetic demeanor offered emotional succor to myself and those I care about most. My family and I are eternally grateful and recommend her without reservation.
Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa client
I was happy working with Christine and her team for my ILR Visa . She helped me from the start when I entered the UK on a Tier 2 Visa, until I could get ILR. Her work and dedication is highly recommendable. I am very thankful to her and its been pleasure working with her. Thanks again Christine and appreciate your quality work and support provided to me and my family with immigration.
Indefinite Leave to Remain client
- Tier 1 Investor visas
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur visas
- Tier 1 Innovator/Start Up visas
- Skilled Worker/ICT visas (previously Tier 2)
- Tier-5 visas (all categories)
- Overseas Representative visas
- Sponsor licence applications (employers)
- Leave to remain/entry clearance applications
- BNO applications
- Settlement and nationality
- Acquired a sponsor licence for a South African Charity to enable the organisation to transfer its top medical doctors, radiographers and anaesthesiologists to the UK under the shortage occupations.
- Assisted numerous clients to successfully obtain indefinite leave to remain for individuals under 10-years’ long residence, owing to excessive absences as child students in their earlier days. Provided extensive compassionate circumstances explanations and supporting evidence in their representations and obtained positive outcomes for the clients.
- Advised high-net-worth investors who invested over £2m, £5m and £10m funds in the UK economy. Provided strategic advice from the outset on sources of funding, permitted investments, business plans, including possibilities of dependants outside marriage, to obtain indefinite leave to remain (accelerated) and settlement.
- Advised several snooker players on their immigration options for trials with the World Snooker Championships and subsequently switching to Tier-5 Sportsmen visas.
- Advised a wealthy investor on the immigration of his children/families outside marriage as his dependants.
- Acted for a FTSE 100 food and beverage company in getting its sponsor licence for the UK; and obtained intra-company transfer licences for Turkey, the US and South Africa. Managed and supported their day-to-day sponsor licence system in all aspects of immigration relating to recruiting skilled workers/directors and their families/intra-company transfers as and when required.
- Undertook a sponsor licence audit for a renowned gaming organisation and successfully challenged the Home Office when the licence was withdrawn.
- Assisted numerous students switching to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa on an urgent basis (before the rules changed in 2019), to include advice on sources of funding, entrepreneur teams, preparing business plans and interviews.
- Assisted two Hong Kong HKEX listed companies with their Overseas Sole Representatives and the process involved in establishing their branch in the UK.
- Assisted an individual client, who was the subject of domestic violence, to successfully switch from the spouse visa to another visa category.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recommended in The Legal 500 (2017–2021) for Immigration
“Christine Chiew is very knowledgeable of cultural differences between clients and can deliver an excellent service in a number of languages. Always finds a way to fit in her busy schedule and give appropriate assistance to clients.” The Legal 500 2021
Christine is accredited as an Immigration Lawyer under the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, she worked at Edwin Coe LLP.