Christine is an immigration lawyer specialising in both private-client (including high-net-worth individuals) and corporate immigration. She advises individuals on all aspects of relocating to the UK to live and for work.
Christine has a wealth of experience and knowledge in corporate immigration and sponsor licence applications for organisations who wish to employ foreign workers. She frequently advises Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and overseas clients wishing to establish themselves in the UK.
Christine has expertise in advising private clients and their families (unmarried/civil partners, spouses, children, and domestic workers) on full immigration/relocation, from leave to enter/remain applications and extensions, to settlement and obtaining citizenships.
Christine speaks English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay.
Christine is very professional and reliable with deep understanding of how to deal with different needs for Asians. Both me and my friend feel deeply grateful that we had find her. highly recommend for all Asian individual or cooperation.
Skilled worker client
Thank you very much for bring me such great news. You were incredibly professional throughout and our family greatly appreciate all the work you and your team have done.
Tier-1 Entrepreneur client
It was a pleasure working with Christine and Chelsea. Fast to answer any questions, very efficient, achieved the desired result within a tight time frame.
Skilled Worker Client
Thanks to Christine and Chelsea for their help! Very nice! Top class service! Received my visa successfully!
Skilled Worker Client
Christine Chiew was a beacon of hope to my family at a time when our options appeared limited. Her calm and empathetic demeanour offered emotional succour to myself and those I care about most. My family and I are eternally grateful and recommend her without reservation.
Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa client
I was happy working with Christine and her team for my ILR Visa . She helped me from the start when I entered the UK on a Tier 2 Visa, until I could get ILR. Her work and dedication is highly recommendable. I am very thankful to her and its been pleasure working with her. Thanks again Christine and appreciate your quality work and support provided to me and my family with immigration.
Indefinite Leave to Remain client
Christine Chiew and her paralegal Chelsea Qu have been amazing and very professional in helping me to obtain my spouse visa smoothly. They were always quick to respond to any questions I had, and my experience of working with them has been excellent overall. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a successful visa or immigration application.
Spouse visa client
I am extremely happy with the professional services provided by Christine Chiew and Chelsea Qu. They have helped with both my leave to remain and most recently, more complicated ILR visa applications. A lot of great advice was given to me, and I always felt well informed and confident on the application process. Thanks for making the whole process a smooth and 'stress-free' experience.
Indefinite Leave to Remain client
Incredibly supportive team at Keystone Law... Duncan was available for all questions during the period and helped with resolving a range of questions/ issues during the application process. Christine and team were fantastic at sorting out Home Office processes/ appointments/ paperwork and extremely helpful in working through the sequence of steps and timeline. Thank you for the support, Team Keystone and would highly recommend.
Skilled Worker Visa and Spouse Visa client
My life in the UK would have not been easy without the help of Christine Chiew. She stands out because very few lawyers like her can give the maximum benefits a client deserves and at the same time a caring, understanding and supportive individual. It felt more of a family member helping me than anything else. Never have I met a lawyer very knowledgeable as Christine, she always had an answer and a solution. She is always on top of everything and always steps ahead of all requirements needed. I could never thank Christine enough for everything she has done for me and for the friendship though out the years
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension client
Christine Chiew is arguably one of the best great immigration lawyers in the UK. She has successfully helped our family to obtain ILR, nationalisation to the UK, Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa and Spouse visa without any hassles and rejections. She works efficiently in a prompt manner and never leaves clients feeling concerned or unstable. Finally and most importantly, the outcomes I received were always outstanding.
Indefinite Leave to Remain visa (10 years long residence) British Application client
Christine and Chelsea went for extra miles for my ILR application. Christine is not only impeccably professional in her area of expertise, but also incredibly dedicated to try to achieve the maximum for her clients. The service I received was beyond my expectation. A huge thanks to both of you!
Global Talent Visa client
- Tier 1 Investor visas
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur visas
- Tier 1 Innovator/Start Up visas
- Skilled Worker/ICT visas (previously Tier 2)
- Tier-5 visas (all categories)
- Overseas Representative visas
- Sponsor licence applications (employers)
- Leave to remain/entry clearance applications
- BNO applications
- Settlement and nationality
- Acquired a sponsor licence for a South African Charity to enable the organisation to transfer its top medical doctors, radiographers and anaesthesiologists to the UK under the shortage occupations.
- Assisted numerous clients to successfully obtain indefinite leave to remain for individuals under 10-years’ long residence, owing to excessive absences as child students in their earlier days. Provided extensive compassionate circumstances explanations and supporting evidence in their representations and obtained positive outcomes for the clients.
- Advised high-net-worth investors who invested over £2m, £5m and £10m funds in the UK economy. Provided strategic advice from the outset on sources of funding, permitted investments, business plans, including possibilities of dependants outside marriage, to obtain indefinite leave to remain (accelerated) and settlement.
- Advised several snooker players on their immigration options for trials with the World Snooker Championships and subsequently switching to Tier-5 Sportsmen visas.
- Advised a wealthy investor on the immigration of his children/families outside marriage as his dependants.
- Acted for a FTSE 100 food and beverage company in getting its sponsor licence for the UK; and obtained intra-company transfer licences for Turkey, the US and South Africa. Managed and supported their day-to-day sponsor licence system in all aspects of immigration relating to recruiting skilled workers/directors and their families/intra-company transfers as and when required.
- Undertook a sponsor licence audit for a renowned gaming organisation and successfully challenged the Home Office when the licence was withdrawn.
- Assisted numerous students switching to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa on an urgent basis (before the rules changed in 2019), to include advice on sources of funding, entrepreneur teams, preparing business plans and interviews.
- Assisted two Hong Kong HKEX listed companies with their Overseas Sole Representatives and the process involved in establishing their branch in the UK.
- Assisted an individual client, who was the subject of domestic violence, to successfully switch from the spouse visa to another visa category.
- Assisted a Bahraini client in his initial entry clearance for Tier-1 Entrepreneur application. Successfully extended his visa again in June 2022. Has now advised on requirements for settlement and citizenship applications.
- Assisted with a UHNW Syrian family with entry clearance for tier-1 Investor applications – in an exceptional circumstance where client had to file their applications from Kuwait because it was dangerous to be in Syria at the time of war.
- Assisted with a UHNW UAE family with Tier-1 Investor extension applications from Dubai during Covid when applications should have been made from within the UK.
- Assisted with many entry clearance Skilled Worker applications from the UAE and Kuwait.
- Assisted care homes with obtaining Sponsor Licence to recruit foreign migration workers (nurses, social workers etc.).
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recommended in The Legal 500 for Immigration (2017–2024)
“Christine Chiew – To me she is one of the best immigration lawyers at the moment. She has often helped clients of mine finding solutions in an ever-changing immigration environment. She also does something unique which is to consider the various other aspects of the client’s needs when planning the client’s strategy.” The Legal 500 2023
“Christina Chiew – Clear, practical commercial advice. Provides a service “over and above” that expected from a standard lawyer.” The Legal 500 2023
“Christine Chiew’s team are all professional individuals with efficiency and provide bespoke services for each of my family members.” The Legal 500 2023
“Christine Chiew does not only provide professional advice but also looks into every details during the visa application and extension processes. She planed ahead for each procedure in order to achieve successful application results.” The Legal 500 2023
“Christine Chiew has been a great help. She is professional, responsible and passionate and she makes applications easier to achieve. Her team has also been helpful on various enquiries.” The Legal 500 2022
“Christine Chiew is extremely dedicated and her knowledge of the field is unparalleled. I have known her for six years now and she has always made me feel reassured.” The Legal 500 2022
“Christine Chiew is very knowledgeable of cultural differences between clients and can deliver an excellent service in a number of languages. Always finds a way to fit in her busy schedule and give appropriate assistance to clients.” The Legal 500 2021
Christine is accredited as an Immigration Lawyer under the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, she worked at Edwin Coe LLP.