Christine is an immigration lawyer specialising in both private-client (including high-net-worth individuals) and corporate immigration. She advises individuals on all aspects of relocating to the UK to live and for work.
Christine has a wealth of experience and knowledge in corporate immigration and sponsor licence applications for organisations who wish to employ foreign workers. She frequently advises Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and overseas clients wishing to establish themselves in the UK.
Christine has expertise in advising private clients and their families (unmarried/civil partners, spouses, children, and domestic workers) on full immigration/relocation, from leave to enter/remain applications and extensions, to settlement and obtaining citizenships.
Christine speaks English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Malay.
Thank you very much for bring me such great news. You were incredibly professional throughout and our family greatly appreciate all the work you and your team have done.
Tier-1 Entrepreneur client
It was a pleasure working with Christine and Chelsea. Fast to answer any questions, very efficient, achieved the desired result within a tight time frame.
Skilled Worker Client
Thanks to Christine and Chelsea for their help! Very nice! Top class service! Received my visa successfully!
Skilled Worker Client
Christine Chiew was a beacon of hope to my family at a time when our options appeared limited. Her calm and empathetic demeanour offered emotional succour to myself and those I care about most. My family and I are eternally grateful and recommend her without reservation.
Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa client
I was happy working with Christine and her team for my ILR Visa . She helped me from the start when I entered the UK on a Tier 2 Visa, until I could get ILR. Her work and dedication is highly recommendable. I am very thankful to her and its been pleasure working with her. Thanks again Christine and appreciate your quality work and support provided to me and my family with immigration.
Indefinite Leave to Remain client
Christine Chiew and her paralegal Chelsea Qu have been amazing and very professional in helping me to obtain my spouse visa smoothly. They were always quick to respond to any questions I had, and my experience of working with them has been excellent overall. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a successful visa or immigration application.
Spouse visa client
I am extremely happy with the professional services provided by Christine Chiew and Chelsea Qu. They have helped with both my leave to remain and most recently, more complicated ILR visa applications. A lot of great advice was given to me, and I always felt well informed and confident on the application process. Thanks for making the whole process a smooth and 'stress-free' experience.
Indefinite Leave to Remain client
- Tier 1 Investor visas
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur visas
- Tier 1 Innovator/Start Up visas
- Skilled Worker/ICT visas (previously Tier 2)
- Tier-5 visas (all categories)
- Overseas Representative visas
- Sponsor licence applications (employers)
- Leave to remain/entry clearance applications
- BNO applications
- Settlement and nationality
- Acquired a sponsor licence for a South African Charity to enable the organisation to transfer its top medical doctors, radiographers and anaesthesiologists to the UK under the shortage occupations.
- Assisted numerous clients to successfully obtain indefinite leave to remain for individuals under 10-years’ long residence, owing to excessive absences as child students in their earlier days. Provided extensive compassionate circumstances explanations and supporting evidence in their representations and obtained positive outcomes for the clients.
- Advised high-net-worth investors who invested over £2m, £5m and £10m funds in the UK economy. Provided strategic advice from the outset on sources of funding, permitted investments, business plans, including possibilities of dependants outside marriage, to obtain indefinite leave to remain (accelerated) and settlement.
- Advised several snooker players on their immigration options for trials with the World Snooker Championships and subsequently switching to Tier-5 Sportsmen visas.
- Advised a wealthy investor on the immigration of his children/families outside marriage as his dependants.
- Acted for a FTSE 100 food and beverage company in getting its sponsor licence for the UK; and obtained intra-company transfer licences for Turkey, the US and South Africa. Managed and supported their day-to-day sponsor licence system in all aspects of immigration relating to recruiting skilled workers/directors and their families/intra-company transfers as and when required.
- Undertook a sponsor licence audit for a renowned gaming organisation and successfully challenged the Home Office when the licence was withdrawn.
- Assisted numerous students switching to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa on an urgent basis (before the rules changed in 2019), to include advice on sources of funding, entrepreneur teams, preparing business plans and interviews.
- Assisted two Hong Kong HKEX listed companies with their Overseas Sole Representatives and the process involved in establishing their branch in the UK.
- Assisted an individual client, who was the subject of domestic violence, to successfully switch from the spouse visa to another visa category.
- Assisted a Bahraini client in his initial entry clearance for Tier-1 Entrepreneur application. Successfully extended his visa again in June 2022. Has now advised on requirements for settlement and citizenship applications.
- Assisted with a UHNW Syrian family with entry clearance for tier-1 Investor applications – in an exceptional circumstance where client had to file their applications from Kuwait because it was dangerous to be in Syria at the time of war.
- Assisted with a UHNW UAE family with Tier-1 Investor extension applications from Dubai during Covid when applications should have been made from within the UK.
- Assisted with many entry clearance Skilled Worker applications from the UAE and Kuwait.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recommended in The Legal 500 (2017–2023) for Immigration
“Christine Chiew – To me she is one of the best immigration lawyers at the moment. She has often helped clients of mine finding solutions in an ever-changing immigration environment. She also does something unique which is to consider the various other aspects of the client’s needs when planning the client’s strategy.” The Legal 500 2023
“Christina Chiew – Clear, practical commercial advice. Provides a service “over and above” that expected from a standard lawyer.” The Legal 500 2023
“Christine Chiew’s team are all professional individuals with efficiency and provide bespoke services for each of my family members.” The Legal 500 2023
“Christine Chiew does not only provide professional advice but also looks into every details during the visa application and extension processes. She planed ahead for each procedure in order to achieve successful application results.” The Legal 500 2023
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Immigration
“Christine Chiew has been a great help. She is professional, responsible and passionate and she makes applications easier to achieve. Her team has also been helpful on various enquiries.” The Legal 500 2022
“Christine Chiew is extremely dedicated and her knowledge of the field is unparalleled. I have known her for six years now and she has always made me feel reassured.” The Legal 500 2022
“Christine Chiew is very knowledgeable of cultural differences between clients and can deliver an excellent service in a number of languages. Always finds a way to fit in her busy schedule and give appropriate assistance to clients.” The Legal 500 2021
Christine is accredited as an Immigration Lawyer under the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, she worked at Edwin Coe LLP.