Claudie specialises in resolving high-conflict children matters. She has frequently dealt with cases involving allegations of parental alienation, implacable hostility and emotional harm through parental conflict such that social services may become involved or children joined to proceedings. She has undertaken cases involving allegations of emotional, physical, and psychological abuse and cases where there are complex issues of mental health and/or physical illness. Her cases often have an international dimension to them and she regularly handles relocation cases.
In addition, Claudie is an expert in emergency court applications linked with both domestic violence and Children Act matters. She is particularly good at urgent, short-notice work, achieving effective and fast results, often out of hours. Claudie helps to manage conflict and keep the wellbeing of any children at the fore.
Claudie is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in Private Law Children and Child Abduction cases.
The word ‘outstanding’ is overused in recommendations but in Claudie’s case is almost an understatement. Her energetic, exuberant commitment to her clients wins their trust and loyalty to someone who really has their back. Claudie is steeped in her cases and has an encyclopaedic knowledge of every aspect of them.
Barrister, Four Paper Buildings
Claudie rapidly gets up to speed on complex matters, absorbing new material faster than seems possible. Her real strength, though, is her ability to formulate a realistic and winnable strategy from the outset, giving her clients a real edge in difficult cases. Claudie represents people who want results … and she gets them. She’s great fun to be around and her clients find that, even in the most worrying moments, there can be something to smile about.
Barrister, Four Paper Buildings
Claudie, thank you for your extreme level of dedication and availability. Documentation with a vision, fitting in and supporting the masterplan, encompassing my style and intention, crafted in a near round the clock fashion to perfection.
Claudie, you are a super star. You are the best lawyer for divorce with a big heart in town. I will never forget your professionalism and kindness at the same time - a big asset for a lawyer.
You totally changed the outcome for us and I hope you know how much of a difference you made to us. You're a fantastic solicitor and a lovely person.
Claudie handled things with admirable clarity giving me the guidance and personal support I needed to help navigate me through this long, difficult and emotionally charged case. I will forever be indebted to her excellent counsel as well as her grace and patience in dealing with the emotional aspects which can arise in Special Guardianship proceedings.
You have taken the matter on and have taken it personally to bring this home, a huge success. Therefore again a massive thank you.
You saying 'push back' was the first indication that we might be able to consider a far more reasonable contact agreement, and I can't thank you enough.
Claudie, I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all you've done. To say you were our fairy godmother wouldn't be too far wrong!
Thank you for all your help, and great early insight - we can really move forward with life now.
Claudie was so dedicated to my case and the support she gave me was incredible. I always felt like I was in such safe, caring hands and the outcome was the right one – thanks to Claudie. Forever grateful.
- Intractable child arrangements disputes
- Emotional and psychological abuse and coercion and control
- Internal relocations within England and Wales and international relocation of children
- Non-molestation and occupation orders including restricting and regulating occupation of the home
- Cases with parallel criminal proceedings
- Special Guardianship Applications (either privately issued or as interveners in care proceedings)
- Child abduction (the removal of a child from their resident country without the consent of the other parent)
- Decisions regarding mainstream and alternative education, medical treatment or religion
- Acting for a father following the wrongful retention of his 4-year-old son in Poland by the child’s mother. Obtaining a return order from the High Court under Brussels II Revised and arranging for enforcement of the order in Poland
- Acting for a father in a High Court children case involving a complex medical element
- Successfully applying for an unmarried mother to relocate to Italy with her 6-year-old daughter along with obtaining financial provision under Schedule 1 of the Children Act.
- Appealing a Hague Convention Order
- Successfully obtaining an occupation order over a property on behalf of a wife and child
- Acting for the wife wishing to relocate to Sweden despite a negative indication from CAFCASS
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Acted in a case concerning the summary return of children to America and the court’s jurisdiction to consider the best interests of children who are wards of court.  EWHC 3709 (Fam) 2017 WL 08423958
Claudie qualified as a solicitor in 2010. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2014, she worked at the following firms:
- North Star Law
- Horsey Lightly