Dan is a commercial property solicitor who specialises in property development work, acting for landowners and developers. He regularly advises on legal agreements relating to planning, such as conditional contracts, option agreements, promotion agreements, and joint venture agreements.
Dan advises on the management of property portfolios including acquisitions and disposals, with a particular specialism in the education and life sciences sectors.
In addition, Dan frequently acts for landlords and tenants in relation to commercial leases and acts for banks and lenders on securitisation.
- Property development
- Landlord and tenant matters
- Commercial leases
- Property portfolio management
- Property acquisitions and disposals
- Property finance
- Acted for a developer in a joint venture agreement encompassing purchase funding and development for an 87-unit residential scheme in East Kent with a prospective GDV in excess of £30m.
- Acted for a developer in the acquisition and then onward sale of a care home.
- Acted for a social enterprise office provider in the sale of a landmark office building near Old Street station to an international investor for redevelopment purposes with a sale price in excess of £37m.
- Acted for a (now NASDAQ listed) life science company in the acquisition of multiple leasehold property interests at Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
- Advised on the purchase of office facilities in Bethnal Green for £13m and then dealt with advice relating to ongoing refurbishment of the premises.
- Acted for the University of Oxford in dealing with the first registration of part of its estate earmarked for strategic development.
- Acted for Oxford Brookes University in the renewal of a long lease of one of its campuses.
- Acted for D’Overbroecks School in acquisition of new premises for the creation of a new arts facility in Oxford.
- Acted for Oxford International School in the acquisition of new premises for the creation of new laboratory space for its science department.
- Acted for Canterbury Christchurch University in the renewal of office space for administrative staff.
- Acting for a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company on its acquisition of numerous UK property interests including its Oxfordshire-based research and development facility.
- Acting for a publicly listed pioneering clinical stage T Cell receptor biotechnology company on its acquisition of all its UK-based property interests.
- Acting for Fluorogenics Limited (a subsidiary of New England Biolabs) on its acquisition of new laboratory premises in Milton Park.
- Acting for Karus Therapeutics on their exit and surrender of lease at Harwell Science Park.
- Advising Vaxequity Limited, a spinout from Imperial College, on the acquisition of its first laboratory space on Cambridge Science Park.
- Acting for Chartway Group Limited on its acquisition of a 63-unit scheme in Ebbsfleet.
- Acting for Leath Park Developments Limited on the site acquisition, development and onward sale of a 65-bed care home to CARE UK in Whitstable.
- Acting for Wedgewood Homes Limited on various development acquisitions including a joint venture with Barwood Capital for the delivery of a 12-unit scheme in Kent.
- Acting on a joint venture for the acquisition and delivery of an 87-unit scheme in Littlebourne, Kent.
- Acting for Bouygues UK Limited on the acquisition and delivery of a landmark library archive and affordable housing scheme in East Kent.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Dan qualified as a solicitor in 2005. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, he worked at the following firms:
- Whitehead Monckton
- Penningtons Manches