David is an Advocate and Notary Public in the Isle of Man with over 20 years’ experience as a lawyer in the private and public sectors.
He specialises in legislation and the legislative process, having worked as Chief Legislative Drafter in the Attorney General’s Chambers drafting, reviewing and advising on legislation for the Government of the Isle of Man.
David also advises on corporate and financial services legal and regulatory matters as well as matters of trust law.
David speaks Italian in addition to English.
- Legislative drafting
- Corporate and commercial
- Compliance and regulatory
- Drafted primary legislation in accordance with the Isle of Man Government’s Legislative Programme across a wide range of subjects including company, financial services, tax, criminal and constitutional law.
- Coordinated the drafting of primary legislation required on the Island to deliver the consequences of Brexit.
- Oversaw the implementation of legislation in response to supranational initiatives (IMF, FATF, Moneyval, EU Code of Conduct Group, etc.).
- Specialised in non-contentious commercial work including trust, company and financial services law whilst in private practice.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
David qualified as an advocate in 1998. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at the following firms:
- Isle of Man Government