David specialises in corporate and finance law, with a particular focus on the renewable energy, infrastructure and healthcare sectors. He acts for clients on domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, greenfield projects, joint ventures and partnership arrangements, corporate restructures, finance, and equity and debt raisings.
David also advises clients on the full range of commercial law aspects of their businesses, including commercial contracting, tendering, and the establishment and structuring of new businesses.
David has extensive experience of advising directors, shareholders, joint venture partners, and other key stakeholders on corporate and commercial issues, ensuring risk and governance matters are managed appropriately.
- Greenfields/infrastructure projects
- Joint ventures
- Partnership and LLP agreements
- Shareholders’ agreements and investment agreements
- Corporate finance/equity raising
- Debt finance – lender and borrower side
- Debt Capital Markets
- Advised a new UK bridge lending business on its group structuring and debt and equity raising.
- Advised a UK care home and assisted living group on a fundraising programme and various commercial and joint venture arrangements.
- Advised on the establishment of a new ABS in the data protection and privacy sector.
- Acted for a NASDAQ listed pharmaceutical group on seven acquisitions in the Asia Pacific region, including the acquisition of a US$625 million prescription and OTC business.
- Acted for a Korean bank on the restructuring of its UK business.
- Acted for a European-based renewables project developer on the development and sale of various UK solar projects.
- Advised on a listed ICMA-compliant green bond offering of EUR25 million for Sustainable Capital plc, structured by Bedford Row Capital plc.
- Acted for a project developer and sponsor on two proposed waste to energy facilities in the UK.
- Advised the New South Wales State Government on the sale of five power plant development sites and on the sale of its wind and hydro assets.
- Advised a major Japanese utility company on the acquisition and sale of an interest in an Australian coal-fired generation plant.
- Acted for groups of doctors in the establishment of private health facility joint ventures with a leading private healthcare operator.
- Advised a private practice management company and corporate advisory business on its structuring and equity raisings.
- Advised various groups of doctors on the establishment and structuring of private healthcare LLPs.
- Advised a physiotherapy business on its structuring and commercial contracting arrangements.
- Acted for a radiology group on its contracting with a private healthcare facility.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
David qualified as a solicitor in 1996. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, he worked at the following firms:
- Greenwoods GRM
- GRM Law
- Baker & McKenzie (London and Sydney)