David is a real estate lawyer with a particular focus on the private wealth sector. He advises on real estate investment, development, private equity, corporate occupier, and infrastructure/energy projects and deals. His client base is predominantly family offices, UHNW individuals and real estate entrepreneurs.
- Property law
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Real estate development
- Real estate private equity
- Family office and private wealth
- Build to rent
- Student accommodation
- Renewable energy projects
- Solar energy leases
- Power purchase agreements
- Real estate acquisition and sales
- Real estate finance
- Forward funding and forward purchase
- Asset management
- Corporate occupier leases
- Hospitality and retail leases
- Advised a Hong Kong family office on the acquisition and development of a site in Charing Cross, London.
- Advised an Israeli billionaire on the development and letting of its real estate in Park Lane, London.
- Advised a French family office on a joint venture development and financing of luxury chalets in the Swiss Alps.
- Advised a Dubai family office on the sale of property in Knightsbridge.
- Advised a US family office on the acquisition and development of a property in Kensington Palace Gardens.
- Advised a Middle Eastern royal family on the acquisition of an office in St James, London and its development into a private residence.
- Advised an American blue chip car manufacturing company on a 30-year power purchase agreement.
- Advised a French company on a 25-year power purchase agreement for its UK industrial complex.
- Advised solar developers and landowners on solar power leases and option agreements together with the necessary access rights.
- Advised an energy developer on a joint venture and option agreements with Saudi Aramco for biomass energy scheme
- Advised an energy company on a mining development and necessary land rights
- Advised a developer on a co-living scheme in Docklands with an overage profit share.
- Advised a developer on a 30-flat residential scheme in St John’s Wood, London.
- Advised a developer on the acquisition and development of a residential property near Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, London.
- Advised an ultra-high-end developer on the development of a property in Chelsea, London.
- Advised a UK developer in taking options and securing planning consent over greenfield and brownfield sites in the south east of England.
- Advised Grainger Plc on a build-to-rent development in Bristol.
- Advised Department of Transport and HS2 on the development of Euston station and surrounding land.
- Advised a developer on a joint venture with Telereal Trillium to develop a £3bn GDV site in north London.
- Advised a Michelin star restaurant business on its real estate requirements.
- Advised on a large-scale retail repurposing project of a department store in London to create a leisure, music and hospitality venue.
- Advised Chelsea Football Club on its stadium redevelopment.
- Advised a bank on its refinancing of various 6 star hotels in central London.
- Advised Harrods on the development of part of its Knightsbridge store.
- Advised a leisure operator on the opening of its first UK store on Oxford Street, London.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
David qualified as a solicitor in 2005. Prior to joining Keystone Law, he worked at the following firms:
- Charles Russell Speechlys
- Travers Smith
- Eversheds Sutherland
- Pinsent Masons