Edward is a highly experienced restructuring and insolvency lawyer advising clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters. He is seasoned in the representation of diverse clients, insolvency practitioners, creditors, directors and distressed companies, as well as bankrupts and their families, with standout expertise handling large-scale, complex disputes.
He is a creative litigator with considerable technical expertise and practical experience, which he uses to devise innovative and effective solutions.
Chambers and Partners 2022 (Restructuring/Insolvency: Personal Insolvency – Band 2)
He is very good at insolvency litigation and a very shrewd judge of how to run a case.”
Chambers & Partners, 2021 (UK Wide Personal Insolvency)
- Asset recovery
- Director disqualification and compensation orders
- Directors’ duties
- Bankruptcies and voluntary arrangements
- Insolvent partnerships
- Debt consultancy
- Regulatory issues
- Court applications
- Disputes between directors and shareholders
- Acting for creditors generally in relation to outstanding debts
- Advised on the leading case on backdating administrations for G-tech Limited.
- Advised on the leading case on illegal dividends for It’s a Wrap Limited.
- Advised the liquidators on a multimillion-pound claim against the directors of a company that sold tree rights in Costa Rica.
- Advised the liquidators in relation to a million-pound claim against a former director in relation to misfeasance and reduction of capital when divesting a company of all its assets.
- Advised a creditor and obtained a provisional Liquidation Order against a company.
- Successfully advised various directors regarding director disqualification proceedings which were withdrawn.
- Advised a husband in relation to his company’s financial affairs in divorce proceedings.
- Advised various directors in different actions where actions were being taken against them for misfeasance.
- Advised an MP in relation to a substantial debt to HMRC.
- Advised a liquidator in a multimillion-pound action against three directors for wrongful/fraudulent trading.
- Acted for the administrator in the administration of a £30 million turnover travel company.
- Advised a director regarding a £6 million claim for wrongful trading.
- Acted for a liquidator in the successful recovery of a substantial EBT payment.
Recognised by Chambers UK 2024 for Restructuring/Insolvency: Personal Insolvency
“He is always commercial and on point.” Chambers UK 2024
“He really stays on top of his insolvency law. He’s absolutely an insolvency specialist.” Chambers UK 2024
Recognised by Chambers UK 2022 for Restructuring/Insolvency: Personal Insolvency
Edward Judge qualified as a solicitor in 1987. Prior to joining Keystone in 2023, he worked at the following law firms:
- Irwin Mitchell
- SGH Martineau LLP