Ellie advises clients on the best route to reach agreement on the decisions that need to be made on divorce, matrimonial finance and children. Her main focus area lies in divorce and complex financial remedy cases, for high-net-worth and middle-income clients. She is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in this area, as well as in Private Law Children work.
Ellie act for parents in private law applications and negotiations across issues including child arrangements, change of school, removal from the jurisdiction and parental responsibility. She assists clients in resolving disputes about where the children will live and who they will spend time with.
She has a particular interest in CMS cases, having taken a case to the tribunal, and has acted on behalf of both payers and recipients.
Ellie also undertakes cohabitation work and TOLATA cases and cases for clients requiring prenuptial agreements as well as non-molestation/occupation orders.
- Divorce / separation
- Financial settlements following divorce / separation (unmarried couples)
- Family Law Act 1996 Pt 4 applications
- Assisted on the case of AC v DC & Ors  EWHC 2032 which dealt with the consequences, particularly the tax consequences, of a s.37 Avoidance Order and on the financial remedy and related proceedings.
- Successfully represented a high-net-worth client, involving two restaurant businesses with assets held in a fairly complex structure which required input from accountants, company solicitors and tax advisors.
- Achieved generous contact for a father in a case in which the mother was vehemently opposed to contact and obstructed it wherever possible.
- Acted for the foreign wife of a former British Ambassador and negotiating a successful settlement for her including generous maintenance and pension share.
- Acted for the wife to secure a non-molestation order and enforcement of the same in circumstances where the husband continued to relentlessly harass the wife, alongside heavily contested financial and children proceedings.
- Acted for the husband owner of a business worth around £15m which was co-owned by the wife, in which the relationship had entirely broken down. Successfully obtained a non-molestation order against the wife and achieved the separation of different sections of the business to enable them both to achieve a clean break.
- Acted in countless uncontested divorce cases, where the parties have reached agreement and require advice and drafting of an agreed Order.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Member of Surrey Resolution Committee
One of three candidates nationally to be awarded special recognition for outstanding results in the Resolution Accreditation Core Paper 2016.
Achieved Diploma in Litigation 2011
Ellie qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, she worked at the following firms: