Garry’s broad litigation practice covers disputes in the fields of commerce, banking/financial services, corporate, property and professional negligence. He has particular experience of commercial property disputes, and of claims arising from financial products and services.
Garry’s clients are based in the UK and overseas, including in the USA and the Russian Federation.
Thank you for doing an incredible job. Excellent advice and guidance as always. Always a pleasure working with you.
Mary Cole, Managing Director
Whitespace Exhibitions Limited
I just wanted to thank you personally. Your hard work, dedication and your great support in this and in all those other matters has been terrific, and much appreciated.
Erik Pordes, Chairman
Imago Publishing Limited
- Sale of goods and services
- Professional services
- Agency/distributorship agreements
- Restrictive covenants/confidentiality
- Share purchase/asset sale agreements/breach of warranty
- Directors’ duties
- Shareholders’ rights/unfair prejudice
- Cross-border/jurisdiction disputes
- Facility/investment agreements
- Guarantees and indemnities
- Factoring/invoice discounting
- Loan/mortgage enforcement
- FSMA 2000 and related regulations
- Mis-selling financial products
- Investment management
- Sale of land
- Development agreements
- Breach of tenant covenants
- Mortgage enforcement
- Possession, boundaries, easements.
- Property damage
- Solicitors, and other legal advisers
- Architects, surveyors and other property professionals
- Banks and financial institutions
- Accountants, and financial advisers
- Defended claims for misrepresentation and/or breach of warranty brought against a publisher by the purchaser under an asset sale agreement.
- Represented a minority shareholder in dispute with co-shareholder over shareholders’ and option agreements worth £20m.
- Represented a Chinese power station in its claim to enforce contract for sale of carbon credits against UK counterparty.
- Acted for a UK watch distributor in contract dispute with Swiss watch manufacturer, involving mediation under the Swiss Mediation Rules.
- Represented a client in relation to its defective product claims following sale of specialist machinery in the garment industry.
- Represented a client bringing claims for breaches of restrictive covenants and misuse of confidential information against former employees.
- Advised a commercial fraud victim on potential claims for negligence, due to inadequate cyber security system.
- Advised a minority shareholder on remedies for wrongful cancellation of shares due to invalid application of bad leaver provisions.
- Represented a private company upon its remedies by way of enforcement of guarantee and other securities under an invoice discounting agreement
- Acted for a major US bank in relation to worldwide freezing orders and related issues.
- Challenged a bank mortgage enforcement on grounds of illegality under s.28 FSMA 2000 as a regulated activity.
- Represented an individual in his claim against a UK clearing bank, arising from mis-selling of investment products.
- Acted for a pension transfer adviser in contribution claims from network providers arising from multiple Berkeley Burke complaints.
- Acted for EU regulated financial adviser bringing indemnity/damages claims for breach of appointed representative agreement.
- Advised a private client on claims arising from mis-selling of financial products.
- Acted for director faced with claims exceeding £15 million for breach of directors’ duties and wrongful trading.
- Advised IFA on defending multiple claims of pension mis-selling and on contribution claims from other participants.
- Enforced the terms of a development land sale contract on behalf of the landowner against property developer.
- Acted for garage business, defending proceedings which turned upon the application of redevelopment grounds under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Defended claims for property damage, following central London flat refurbishment undertaken by offshore client.
- Advised on a dilapidations claim by a commercial landlord.
- Represented a developer client in complex, multi-party litigation concerned with improper exercise of mortgagee’s power of sale over a residential development.
- Acted for property developer in High Court proceedings on contractual claims arising from disposal of block of flats, settled for c. £1.5 million.
- Represented a syndicate of shareholders bringing a £10m negligence claim against their solicitors arising from drafting of share purchase agreement.
- Represented a publisher in claim against its former solicitors for negligent advice given regarding a business sale agreement.
- Acted for a private investor in negligence claim against his investment manager for losses on investment portfolio.
- Advised a proposed liquidator on removal and replacement of incumbent office-holder and thereafter advising on possible claims against the former liquidator for negligence.
- Acted for minority shareholder in unfair prejudice claim against High Street retailer, settled for £11.25 million
- Acted for seller faced with claims for breach of warranty in relation to management accounts, etc., following share sale.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
Garry qualified as a solicitor in 1979. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, he worked at the following firms:
- Taylor Wessing
- Kuits & Co