Garry’s broad litigation practice covers disputes in the fields of commerce, banking/financial services, corporate, property and professional negligence. He has particular experience of commercial property disputes, and of claims arising from financial products and services.
Garry’s clients are based in the UK and overseas, including in the USA and the Russian Federation’.
I just wanted to thank you personally. Your hard work, dedication and your great support in this and in all those other matters has been terrific, and much appreciated.
Erik Pordes, Chairman
Imago Publishing Limited
- Sale of goods and services
- Professional services
- Agency/distributorship agreements
- Share purchase/asset saleagreements/breach of warranty
- Directors’ duties
- Shareholders’ rights/unfairprejudice
- Cross-border/jurisdiction disputes
Finance/Financial Services disputes
- Guarantees and indemnities
- Factoring/invoice discounting
- Loan/mortgage enforcement
- FSMA 2000 and related regulations
- Mis-selling financial products
- Investment management
- Sale of land
- Development agreements
- Breach of tenant covenants
- Mortgage enforcement
- Possession, boundaries, easements.
- Property damage
Professional negligence claims
- Solicitors, and other legal advisers
- Architects, surveyors and otherproperty professionals
- Banks and financial institutions
- Accountants, and financial advisers
- Defended claims for misrepresentation and/orbreach of warranty brought against a publisher by the purchaser under anasset sale agreement.
- Represented a minority shareholder in disputewith co-shareholder over shareholders’ and option agreements worth £20m.
- Represented a Chinese power station in itsclaim to enforce contract for sale of carbon credits against UKcounterparty.
- Acted for a UK watch distributor in contractdispute with Swiss watch manufacturer, involving mediation under the SwissMediation Rules.
- Represented a client in relation to itsdefective product claims following sale of specialist machinery in thegarment industry.
- Represented a client bringing claims forbreaches of restrictive covenants and misuse of confidential informationagainst former employees.
- Advised a commercial fraud victim on potential claims for negligence, due to inadequate cyber security system.
- Advised a minority shareholder on remedies for wrongful cancellation of shares due to invalid application of bad leaver provisions.
- Represented a private company upon its remedies by way of enforcement of guarantee and other securities under an invoice discounting agreement
- Acted for a major US bank in relation to worldwide freezing orders and related issues.
- Challenged a bank mortgage enforcement on grounds of illegality under s.28 FSMA 2000 as a regulated activity.
- Represented an individual in his claim against a UK clearing bank, arising from mis-selling of investment products.
- Acted for a pension transfer adviser in contribution claims from network providers arising from multiple Berkeley Burke complaints.
- Acted for EU regulated financial adviser bringing indemnity/damages claims for breach of appointed representative agreement.
- Enforced the terms of a development land sale contract on behalf of the landowner against property developer.
- Acted for garage business, defending proceedings which turned upon the application of redevelopment grounds under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Defended claims for property damage, following central London flat refurbishment undertaken by offshore client.
- Advised on a dilapidations claim by a commercial landlord.
- Represented a developer client in complex, multi-party litigation concerned with improper exercise of mortgagee’s power of sale over a residential development.
- Represented a syndicate of shareholdersbringing a £10m negligence claim against their solicitors arising fromdrafting of share purchase agreement.
- Represented a publisher in claim against itsformer solicitors for negligent advice given regarding a business saleagreement.
- Acted for a private investor in negligenceclaim against his investment manager for losses on investment portfolio.
- Advised a proposed liquidator on removal andreplacement of incumbent office-holder and thereafter advising on possibleclaims against the former liquidator for negligence.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
Garry qualified as a solicitor in 1979. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, he worked at the following firms:
- Taylor Wessing
- Kuits & Co