Gillian is an IT, intellectual property and commercial lawyer who advises on commercial arrangements and the protection and exploitation of intellectual property. She has extensive experience in technology, digital media and marketing services contracts and particular expertise in IT and business process outsourcing, software development and licensing and issues affecting online businesses.
Gillian is recognised for her work in interactive media, particularly videogames. She is a Trustee of the Society of Computers & Law and a member of their Media Board.
- Data transfer and security
- Distribution agreements, advertising and marketing agreements, terms and conditions of sale and purchase, concession agreements
- Intellectual property assignments and licences, non-disclosure agreements
- Managed services agreements
- Online compliance issues, such as data protection, distance selling and E-Commerce Regulations
- Outsourcing and offshoring agreements
- Privacy policies, online terms and conditions and end user licence agreements, acceptable use policies, website development and hosting agreements, white label agreements
- Software and data licences, software publishing agreements, software development agreements, maintenance and support agreements, source code escrow arrangements, disaster recovery and business continuity agreements
- Videogames and interactive product development agreements, agreements for the use of third party content, voice over and localisation agreements, composer agreements
Gillian qualified as a solicitor in 1993. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2010, she worked at the following firms:
- Maclay Murray & Spens
- Lewis Silkin
- DLA Piper
- Osborne Clarke