Graham is a property lawyer who delivers commercial advice to businesses and high-net-worth individuals/entrepreneurs. He has a broad range of experience with particular focus on investment property, property development and landlord and tenant work.
Graham's speed of response, his pragmatic negotiating style and his "can-do" approach all make him a highly valued adviser.
Cardiff Ground Rents Limited
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals – retail, offices, warehousing, industrial estates and mixed-use properties
- Asset management of portfolio for Landlords including complex Tenant relocation work
- Development work including forward funding, overage and development agreements, pre-let tenancy agreements and strategic site assembly by straightforward acquisition, option or conditional contract
- Lease agreements and general management documentation including new leases and acquisitions for Tenants
- Property aspects of asset and share disposals/acquisitions
- High net worth residential acquisitions for occupation or investment
- Restaurant acquisitions and disposals
- Property aspects of finance transaction acting for borrowers and lenders
Acquisitions & Disposals
- Lease in Wardour Street for Japanese fusion restaurant. Included back to back acquisition and immediate sale, then subsequent letting. The agreement was conditional on variation to premises licence.
- Acquisition of leasehold interest and transfer of premises licence of gastropub for Michelin starred chef.
- Continue to act for an offshore Brewery chain on a number of public house and wine bars – various lettings, sales and acquisitions.
- Acting for an individual on the acquisition (circa £3m) and onwards sale (£6.375m) of the same freehold property.
- Acquisition of six residential flats for investment purposes. Acquired for circa £5.5m. Also acting for the purchaser on the finance aspects of the acquisition.
- Acquisition of 50 flats and leaseback for the use of the flats as an aparthotel valued at £6.25m. Also acting for the purchaser on the finance aspects of the acquisition.
- Leasehold acquisition of London offices for two separate accountancy firms.
- Acquisition of various restaurant sites (freehold and leasehold) for well-known UK restaurant chains and for start-up restaurants.
- Development site assemblies and acquisitions for the UK’s number one retailer, several national residential developers and for development of medical centres including pre-let agreements with doctors and pharmacies with forward sale agreements to an institutional investor.
- £24m purchase of long leasehold and two freehold interests including a prestigious office block and retail unit.
Asset Management & Structuring
- Dealing with the property aspects of an individual’s landholdings. This includes documentation to lease land for wind farms including option agreements conditional on planning and suitable decommissioning bonds.
- Managing the investment property portfolio for a family wealth business. Work involves commercial sales and acquisitions, lettings and a limited amount of development advice.
- Property due diligence and structuring for peer-to-peer lender on multiple transactions totalling more than £11.5m lending.
Lettings & Sublettings
- Acted on numerous matters for the world leader in the development, production and distribution of a wide range of cutting edge, reconstructive orthopaedic devices. Deals have included: Restructuring of client’s existing three lettings and negotiating leases of four new units. Tying in substantial alterations (including construction of new electricity substation) to allow the client to decant from existing premises to new premises over period of time without affecting its business. Complex side payment agreement to deal with landlord contributions to alteration works (up to £400k) and deeds dealing with removing dilapidation liability on old units. Subletting to two operators of their existing office space.
- Lease of Keystone Law’s offices in Chancery Lane.
- Letting of offices to a peer to peer lending company. Dealing with a sublease and various consents for works. Sublease rent circa £1.4m.
- Acted on the refinancing of Prime London residential property valued at circa £30m, let for annual rent of £675,000 and £9.5m lending.
- Advised on the sale of existing residential property with the benefit of planning permission for further development at £2.2m.
- Advised on the sale of flat near Regent’s Park London for circa £4.5m.
- Acted on the purchase of multiple homes in Somerset for buy to let investor with a view to developing a holiday let business.
- Advised on the sale and leaseback of Chelsea flat with deferred payment secured by way of charge circa £2m.
- Advised on the sale of Notting Hill freehold house and subsequent acquisition of Grade II listed flat for circa £3.35m each.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
“Clients single out the ‘very precise’ Graham Goldspink” Legal 500 2014
Graham qualified as a solicitor in 2001. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2010, he worked at the following firms:
- Berwin Leighton Paisner
- Howard Kennedy