Guy is an expert in resolving a wide range of complex disputes involving judicial review, regulation and competition law, international litigation and contentious chancery work. He is very experienced in dealing with mediations, international arbitration and ADR procedures, and has extensive courtroom experience at every level.
Guy has a particular interest in disputes funding and has initiated, negotiated and introduced commercial disputes funding portfolio arrangements for both FTSE clients and a top 100 law firm, in each case the first of their kind in the UK.
- Commercial and regulatory disputes
- EU and competition law
- Professional negligence
- Shareholder disputes
- ADR procedures
- Disputes funding
- Claim against a bank for undisclosed and improper profit on foreign exchange transactions.
- Defended claims in connection with many timeshare properties under UK and Spanish law on perpetuities and contractual issues involved.
- Acted in civil and criminal proceedings following a major rail crash and conducted the subsequent public inquiry.
- Acted in a competition claim against a bank following the proposed withdrawal of banking arrangements in connection with international money transfers.
- Acted in the first funded competition damages claim in the Competition Appeals Tribunal for an independent water company.
- London Stock Exchange AIM disciplinary matters.
- Acted in shareholder and corporate disputes for an energy company involving proceedings in the UK, Singapore and Kazakhstan.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in Best Lawyers UK from 2009 to 2021 for Litigation Law
Recognised in The Legal 500 2019 for EU Competition Law and Commercial Litigation
Guy qualified as a solicitor in 1978. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at Sheppherd and Wedderburn.