Hannah deals with all aspects of relationship breakdown with a particular focus on advising international families living in England or overseas.
Hannah assists clients in identifying the most advantageous country in which to divorce and acts where there is a dispute as to the country in which the divorce should take place (jurisdiction disputes). She has advised clients in relation to the recognition and validity of their overseas marriages and divorces and has made representations on their behalf to the General Register Office (GRO) on this issue.
In respect of financial matters, Hannah advises clients in relation to complex financial settlements often involving international assets and taxation considerations. She has experience of financial claims in England being made after overseas divorces and also represents clients entering into pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
Hannah advises clients in relation to issues concerning their children with a particular emphasis on those parents seeking to relocate internationally with their children or prevent the same.
Hannah works closely with international lawyers and advisors for the benefit of her clients.
Thank you very much indeed for your fantastic help and support. You really were exceptional and I don’t say that lightly… you really were perfect.
I am so indebted to you for introducing me to Hannah. She has been so understanding and sympathetic and professional during the whole process and I will never be able to express enough gratitude to her for everything she has done.
- Identifying most advantageous jurisdiction for divorce
- Jurisdiction disputes
- Complex financial settlements (including those involving international assets and taxation issues)
- Financial claims following overseas divorces (under Part III of the Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984)
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Arrangements for children
- Leave to remove children from the jurisdiction, both achieving and preventing
- Variation and enforcement of existing orders, both financial and children-related
- Represented a party in proceedings concerning the validity of an Islamic divorce (talaq) involving expert evidence.
- Acted in relation to a jurisdiction dispute between England and Russia and ensuing complex financial proceedings which contemplated an international relocation by one of the parties.
- Made an application to the court for a financial order in order to implement a pension sharing order made following a divorce in the United States.
- Negotiated and agreed the terms of a post-nuptial agreement involving offshore assets and complex shareholdings.
- Successfully acted for a father opposing a mother’s application to relocate internationally with their three-year-old child.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Member of IR Global, an international network of lawyers, accountants and financial advisors
“Hannah Budd has the facts of each case at her fingertips” Legal 500 2015
“Hannah Budd is excellent” Legal 500 2017
Hannah qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, she worked at the following firms:
- The International Family Law Group
- Barlow Robbins