Hannah is a skilled family lawyer who advises on complex disputes concerning both children and financial matters.
Hannah’s practice consists of disputes involving children, such as residence, contact arrangements, parental alienation, international custody disputes, international child abduction, adoption and international surrogacy.
Hannah also advises on issues relating to divorce, financial matters, cohabitation and domestic abuse. She is an expert in negotiating divorce financial settlements, especially those involving businesses, complex pensions and foreign property.
Hannah has been regularly quoted in the national media, spoken on national radio and frequently appeared on Sky and BBC News talking about family law.
I just wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for your hard work and counsel. Your advice has always been first class and you have reassured me and made me confident during a very difficult time. I have no hesitation in recommending you – your professionalism and expertise are a credit to you and your firm.
Hannah was very professional, patient and supportive throughout, listening to us and clarifying any doubts we had. The final result was positive. We’d be happy to recommend Hannah and her team.
Mr and Mrs S, Watford
From our first meeting through to this final order I have been extremely impressed by both the highest standards of your personal service and your professional grasp and prompt communications.
Police Officer, Bedfordshire
- Settling complex financial disputes
- Complex pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Financial disputes with high-value and complicated pensions
- Cohabitation disputes
- Complex disputes concerning children
- Parental alienation
- Resolving matters through alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration
- Domestic abuse
- Represented a grandfather and successfully showed that the mother had sought to alienate him from his grandchildren’s lives: B & C (Children : Child Arrangements Order)  EWFC B100
- Significant experience in enforcing contact orders which are not being adhered to by one parent.
- Successfully representing grandparents seeking to spend time with their grandchildren.
- Representing intended parents in the High Court seeking parental orders for surrogacy arrangements which have international elements and jurisdictional challenges.
- Acted in a case where birth parents sought to reverse a placement of a child with prospective adopters: Borough of Poole v W & Another (2014) EWHC 1777 (Fam).
- Successfully represented a number of clients with complex public sector pensions who have sought to protect these assets.
- Represented a number of clients who wish to deal with complicated financial matters outside of the family courts using alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration.
- Represented a client in a complex cohabitation dispute involving a 20-year+ relationship and resolved the matter swiftly using arbitration.
- Experience in negotiating complex pre- and post-nuptial agreements often with assets all over the world.
- Acted in a Court of Protection matter involving a husband who was getting divorced and had suffered a significant brain injury and received a settlement in excess of £4m.
- Successfully represented parents seeking to relocate abroad and also seeking to prevent a relocation.
- Represented a father seeking to prevent his children being abducted to South Africa.
- Advised on a variety of complex financial matters involving numerous international assets.
- Experience of representing clients where jurisdiction is in dispute.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 (2021-2023) for Family
“Hannah Cornish. Exceptional service, professional at all times, efficient and reliable. Hannah assisted with my divorce and with her guidance I had a very positive outcome. Hannah’s negotiating skills are phenomenal bearing in mind the opposite side were very tricky to deal with.” The Legal 500 2023
“Hannah Cornish is bright, determined, and highly skilled – a fantastic, all round family solicitor. A star who will shine at the new firm”. The Legal 500 2022
“Keystone Law is probably the fastest growing Family Team in the business, meaning each member has an amazing array of talent from which to advise and experience from. Hannah Cornish was an inspired recruit! One of the most underrated lawyers in the field of family law, her client skills are second to none, her ability to bring a team together is like no other, and her advice is so measured. Definitely worth a mention. Charlotte Cuevas is also worth noting for similar reasons as Hannah. A delight to work with”. The Legal 500 2022
“Hannah Cornish is great to deal with: she is committed to her client’s cause but objective and reasonable.” The Legal 500 2021
“Hannah Cornish is wise beyond her years, an astute tactician and a great lawyer.” The Legal 500 2021
“She is a very realistic, pragmatic and sensible lawyer.” The Legal 500 2021.
Hannah qualified as a solicitor in 2009. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at Slater and Gordon Lawyers where she was the national head of department.