Hannah is a solicitor specialising in dispute resolution. She has worked on a wide range of disputes including breach of contract, tax, landlord and tenant disputes, debt disputes, and fraud. Her experience ranges from low-cost to multimillion-pound claims.
Hannah also provides advice and support within the recruitment sector, notably on the enforceability of restrictive covenants and recoverability of invoices.
- Contractual disputes
- Contentious probate
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Shareholder Disputes
- Restrictive covenants
Commercial Property Litigation
- 1954 Act lease renewals
- Dilapidation disputes
- Service charges
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Enforcing security for lenders
- Freezing orders
- Search orders
- Committal proceedings (civil)
- Living Expenses Applications
- HMRC disputes
- Court and tribunal representation
- Acted for large groups of LLP Members in actions at LLP (rather than individual level) in challenging assessments by HMRC arising out of investments in schemes designed to attract BPRA relief. Successfully sought an Order for the issue of Closure Notices from HMRC in circumstances where HMRC resisted the making of an Order on grounds that additional and extensive further enquiries were justified.
- Thereafter acted in the FTT Appeals against the Closure Notices. Substantial issues arose in respect of the operation of the BPRAs and the extent of allowable expenditure.
- Challenged HMRC’s ability to issue PPNs and APNs, framework agreements reached with HMRC in respect of interim injunctive relief preventing enforcement by HMRC of sums demanded pending outcome of JR.
- Successfully obtained finding from the FTT that enquiries raised by HMRC were not valid enquiries under the Finance Act 1998. This case is the subject of an Appeal by HMRC.
- FTT Appeal, being a representative action in respect of investments made via Enterprise Zone Schemes.
- Secured a vacant possession on behalf of commercial developers in respect of development land occupied by trespassers/licences.
- Acted for landlords in respect of breaches of lease including failure to repair, unauthorised alterations, unlawful sublettings and non-payment of rent.
- Committal proceedings resulting in the successful committal of a former solicitor following failure to comply with disclosure obligations.
- Acted on behalf of a Russian bank in respect of recovery of £1.5 billion from an individual in London, in the Court in London, in a claim deriving from Russian law.
- Acted for a well-known bakers in a judicial review disputing the requirement for a toilet in shops that had seats.
- Acted on an application for the committal of a local authority for breach of undertaking.
- Acted for claimants in a class action relating to an alleged ponzi scheme worth £12.8 million.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Hannah qualified as a solicitor in 2019. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, she worked at Cubism Law.