Helen is a corporate solicitor, and expert in international mergers and acquisitions, specifically within the technology, medtech, media, entertainment and sport sectors.
She also advises clients on joint ventures and equity funding, and is experienced in negotiating transactions on behalf of large multinationals, smaller corporates, owner-managed businesses, founders and VC investors. Helen acts for companies at all stages of their life cycle, from incorporation and commercial set-up, through early-stage financings, through scale-up and to sale/exit. Helen often works with high-growth companies that are involved in disruptive technologies, operating at the cutting edge of their industry.
Within the sport sector, Helen has also advised on various not-for-profit projects aimed at safeguarding players and enabling social change through sport.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Equity funding
- Joint ventures
- Group reorganisations
- Acted for Guinness PRO14 rugby on its investment by CVC Capital Partners.
- Acted for various sports organisations and governing bodies in relation to joint ventures and other corporate projects, often for the purposes of pooling and exploiting media rights in relation to sporting competitions.
- Acted for Singaporean listed Oxley group in relation to its £50m investment in Galliard, one of the UK’s largest house builders.
- Acted for Finnish listed market leading e-invoicing company Basware Corporation in relation to its international joint ventures, investments and UK group reorganisations.
- Advised Wilhelmsen on the sale of its marine safety business to Survitec in 28 countries, creating a market leader in safety and survival solutions.
- Advised on the formation of a joint venture with a Japanese bank, by way of a Jersey Property Unit Trust (known as a J-PUT) for the holding of real estate assets.
- Acted for a leading parcel processing company (now part of DPD) from start-up to sale, including various external VC and corporate venturing investments.
- Acted for UK consulting company Boxwood on various corporate matters throughout its life cycle, including its sale to KPMG.
- Acted for PRS for Music in relation to its international joint venture with STIM and GEMA to create the world’s first integrated music licensing and processing hub to support rightsholders and multi-territory digital music companies.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Previously recognised in Chambers Global as a ‘Foreign Expert’ in relation to China M&A
Recognised in The Legal 500 2017 for Corporate: Mergers & Acquisitions (recognised particularly for healthcare and TMT)
Helen qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales and 2001, and in Hong Kong in 2006. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at the following firms:
- Bird & Bird
- Osborne Clarke