Iain is a highly experienced litigator with over 30 years’ experience at a magic circle firm and is qualified as a solicitor. He handles a variety of corporate and commercial disputes, often with a focus on shareholder and director issues that occur in the course of corporate transactions and joint ventures.
Working predominantly with clients across the investment, real estate and technology sectors, Iain is highly experienced in pursuing and defending parties.
- Commercial litigation and arbitration
- Minority shareholder, joint venture and family business disputes
- Fraud and recovery
- Contractual and company disputes
- Regulatory and professional disciplinary matters
- Project failures and professional negligence claims
- Representing claimants in court action seeking a declaration that £168m of premium was not due to noteholders under the securitisation of a real estate portfolio
- Defending a director facing a $bn claim alleging fraudulent misrepresentation in the context of takeover bid and financial accounting statements
- Freezing orders and ancillary disclosure orders against Nigerian debtors on behalf of banks and defended third-party banks
- Representing a director and coordinated with other directors in responding to investigations by The Insolvency Service and related regulatory enquiries in the care sector
- Activist letter writing for substantial shareholders in a listed company to its directors
- Defended and pursued substantial claims involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duties
- Defended and pursued US and UK suppliers and customers in IT and outsourcing disputes
- Terminating project and joint venture contracts and/or argued over their improper termination and/or performance
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by Best Lawyers (UK) 2020 and 2019 in the practice area of Litigation
Recognised by Best Lawyers (UK) 2020 in the areas of Financial Services and Information Technology Law
A member of the Solicitor Advocate Higher Courts Association and the Society for Computers and the Law
Iain Roxborough is a “very calm and astute” commercial litigator with wide-ranging disputes experience. Interviewees say: “He is good at identifying issues and managing big litigation, and is an insightful legal mind.” Chambers UK 2017
Well regarded by peers in the market. He handles a variety of commercial disputes including joint ventures, shareholder and outsourcing project litigation. Chambers UK 2016
Highly regarded by market commentators, who say he is “very, very good and deserves his reputation”. His focus is on commercial and corporate disputes in litigation as well as the financial services sector.
“Knows how to win” Legal 500 2016
Iain qualified as a solicitor in 1985. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2017, he worked at the following firms:
- Clifford Chance
- Holman Fenwick and Willian