Ilana advises both companies and employees on all aspects of both non-contentious and contentious employment law. As well as advising on day-to-day HR matters, she has particular expertise advising on Employment Tribunal proceedings, restructurings, workplace disputes, discrimination claims, managing sickness absence, restrictive covenants, disciplinary and grievance matters, exit strategies, settlement terms, TUPE and business reorganisations.
- Employment Tribunal proceedings including constructive unfair dismissal, unfair dismissal, disability discrimination, unlawful deduction from wages and sex discrimination
- Employment claims in the High Court including interim injunction proceedings, restrictive covenants and breach of contract
- Performance issues, disciplinary and grievances procedures
- Negotiating severance packages and managing the departure of employees of all levels of seniority
- Sickness absence and stress at work
- Discrimination in the workplace
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on directors’ service agreements, contracts of employment, staff handbooks and policies
- Restrictive covenants
- Disciplinary and grievance matters
- Redundancy and restructurings (including individual and collective consultations)
- Corporate support on transactions
- TUPE (including information and consultation)
- Settlement Agreements
- Consultancy Agreements
- Advised Technion in connection with the termination of a consultant and related matters, including his claim for defamation and breach of contract.
- Advised a technology company and a charity on the departure of an underperforming senior employee.
- Advised a radio production company on the departure of a founding shareholder.
- Negotiated departure arrangements and severance packages for senior executives.
- Enforced restrictive covenants in relation to departed employees who set up in competition and solicited and dealt with former clients.
- Advised The Wohl Legacy in connection with employee nearing retirement.
- Advised Outward Bound in connection with an underperforming employee.
- Advised Educating for Impact in connection with the termination of a consultancy agreement and related matters.
- Advised a leading global law firm, an advertising agency, a financial institution and a management consultancy firm in respect of day-to-day internal employee matters.
- Drafted Educating for Impact contracts with its consultants.
- Reviewed policies for The Wohl Legacy.
- Advised the United Synagogue in connection with employee matters.
- Advised various employees on flexible working requests.
- Advised on the employment status of individuals working on an ad hoc basis and engaged via an app.
- Advised EDF on the employment aspects of its £12.5 billion takeover of British Energy and the £5.8 billion disposal of its networks distribution business.
- Advised various employees on redundancies taking effect during their absence on maternity leave.
- Advised a cultural arts centre on its merger and restructuring.
- Advised an SME on TUPE, warranties and indemnities on its acquisition.
- Acted for Bear Stearns on its successful defence of a disability discrimination and unfair dismissal claim.
- Advised an employee on the enforceability of restrictive covenants on joining a new employer.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Ilana qualified as a solicitor in 2002. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2017, she worked at the following firms:
- Herbert Smith