Isobel is an experienced family solicitor who advises on financial and child-related issues arising on divorce and separation.
She advises on the protection of wealth through pre- and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements. Her clients are married, in civil partnerships and unmarried. Isobel also advises on the need for occupation and non-molestation orders.
- Financial settlements
- Financial provision for children of unmarried parents
- Child arrangement orders, including permission to remove a child from the jurisdiction
- Non-molestation and occupation orders
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Acted for the wife of a CEO and main shareholder in a private company who was also daughter to a high-profile entrepreneur. The wife owned shares in the company and her father had provided sporadic yet substantial support for both parties throughout the marriage. There were issues of non-disclosure by the husband regarding the valuation of the business which were resolved to ensure that the wife was properly compensated for the transfer of her shares back to her husband.
- Successfully opposed a mother’s application for permission to remove a child from the jurisdiction (out of Europe).
- Resolved a dispute whereby the husband insisted that the wife should return to work imminently, thus relieving him of an obligation to pay long-term maintenance (the youngest child was one year old). An order was made transferring the family home to the wife along with generous spousal maintenance, to be paid until the youngest child reached the end of secondary education. Successfully negotiated a settlement whereby the wife transferred her interest in the husbands privately owned company back to the husband.
- Obtained a favourable order for a mother which was appealed by the father at same time as information previously undisclosed by him came to light enabling the mother to successfully cross-appeal. This resulted in sums being held to secure payment of school fees, with further sums held to secure child maintenance and a significant costs award for the mother.
- Acted in a successful application to vary a child arrangement order where the father had consistently failed to keep to arrangements for the children’s spending time with him overseas.
- Acted for the wife in an ex parte application for a non-molestation order resulting in a zonal order excluding the husband from a property occupied by her.
- Numerous pre-nuptial agreements including where assets were in more than one country and reciprocal agreements in other jurisdictions were required.
- Successfully acted for a husband who was a discretionary beneficiary of a number of trusts negotiating a settlement which avoided the trusts being taken into account in the settlement.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Trained mediator and a member of Resolution
Isobel qualified as a solicitor in 1989. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, she worked at the following firms:
- BDB Pitmans
- Bircham Dyson Bell