Jacqueline is a general commercial litigator with particular experience in sport (including equestrian sports and football) and entertainment (in particular, the music industry). She deals with all forms of dispute resolution; including Alternative Dispute Resolution, High Court and County Court proceedings, national and international sports regulatory and disciplinary hearings. Throughout her career she has represented many high profile clients.
Jacqueline was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland in 2017. She is also a CEDR Accredited Mediator.
- High Court and County Court proceedings
- Dispute resolution by means other than court proceedings, such as mediation
- National and international sports regulatory and disciplinary hearings
- Contract, including sale of goods, sponsorship and intellectual property issues, veterinary negligence and all aspects of equestrian sport
- Sport regulation, disciplinary and competition issues including; World Anti-Doping Association Code, FEI Equine Anti-Doping and Controlled Medication Rules, British and International Olympic Association Rules and Football Agents Regulations
- Represents riders, owners, equestrian product/service providers and vets
- Represents footballers and players’ agents
- Copyright, contract law, audit claims, partnership disputes and defamation
- Represents artists and writers, managers, record, publishing and productions companies
Entertainment and Music:
Extensive commercial dispute resolution experience in music industry cases, including current cases:
- Chokri and others v Sheeran, McDaid and others – infringement of copyright claim respect of “Shape of You”.
- Smith v members of Rudimental and others – infringement of copyright claim in respect of “Waiting All Night”.
- Equestrian: Representing many international riders / jockeys, owners and equestrian businesses in commercial matters, dispute resolution and international and national sporting regulation processes, including: Peter Charles MBE, Michael Whitaker, Billy Twomey, Michael Duffy, Tim Stockdale, Daniella Goldstein, Andrews Bowen, City Racing.
- Football: Representing players and agents in FA Rule K Arbitration proceedings.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Jacqueline Brown is recognised as a practitioner for Sport in Chambers UK 2018
Jacqueline Brown is recognised by the Legal 500 2017.
Jacqueline qualified as a solicitor in 1992. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2017, she worked at Clintons.