James is an experienced and client-focused property lawyer who advises on high-value property transactions. He is an expert on the prime and super-prime London residential markets, frequently deals with highly complex and high-profile cases, and is one of the ‘go-to’ property lawyers in London.
James’ client base includes high-net-worth individuals from the UK, Central Europe, the US, Canada, and the Middle East.
James is superb and he always delivers the speed, efficiency and service level our clients expect.
Jo Eccles, Managing Director, Eccord
Alex Stroud, Property Consultant
James Bunker is always the first on my list when asked by vendors, buyers or even friends if I can recommend a lawyer.
Harry Berry, Chestertons
James is absolutely first class. He is head and shoulders above many who work at the top end of the London property market.
Arthur Lintell, Knight Frank
James has guided every transaction with care, attention and a level head, even the most challenging one.
Rachel Thompson, Sterling Private Office
James stands out – he is proactive, determined and has great knowledge.
Silvina Paz, Address Property Consultants
With James Bunker, we always know our highly valued clients are in very capable hands.
Hannah Aykroyd, Aykroyd & Co
Very professional in every regard and it was refreshing to find someone willing to problem solve rather than cause. Cannot recommend highly enough.
- Acquisitions and disposals of residential property in prime and central London and the country.
- Mortgages and property refinancing
- Property ownership restructurings (including on divorce)
- Lease extensions and renewals
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Acted for a UK client on the purchase of a mansion in one of London’s most exclusive roads at a price of £38m involving complex tax planning.
- Acted for a UK client in the purchase of an incredible ‘futuristic property’ in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty deemed by The Architectural Review publication to be the ‘best on the world’ for almost £20m.
- Acted for a UK client purchasing a new-build apartment at 80 Holland Park in Kensington for £14m.
- Acted for several international clients on their purchases and sales of apartments at One Hyde Park and 199 Knightsbridge Apartments in London.
- Acted for a high-profile international footballer on the purchase of his first London home.
- Acted for a UK client on the sale of a large estate set in several hundred acres comprising a palatial Grade II* listed mansion, cottages, outbuildings, and farmland.
- Acted for numerous private individuals on the sales of homes and investment properties in London and its suburbs.
- Acted for multiple clients on the transfers and refinancing of properties arising on divorce.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 for Residential Property
“James Bunker is simply outstanding, head and shoulders above the rest. He provides an excellent level of service. Swift, transparent and always extremely helpful. Regularly communicating outside of business hours, James is my go-to legal expert.” The Legal 500 2023
Recognised by Spears 500 since 2021 as a Top Recommended lawyer
Recognised as a leading lawyer for Real Estate law by Best Lawyers
James qualified as a solicitor in 2003. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2024, he worked at the following firms:
- Farrer & Co