Jayanti is an expert in UK immigration and nationality law. Having advised a number of industry-leading clients, Jayanti is highly skilled in advising employers on Skilled Worker Sponsorship applications. She also advises on the Global Talent route, notably on applications to Tech Nation and the Arts Council, and is on a panel of lawyers for a Home Office-approved Innovator visa endorsing body. Jayanti advises on the points-based system, the EU Settlement Scheme, family-based immigration, human rights and appeals.
As well as corporates, Jayanti’s clients include high-net-worth individuals. She has also acted for an ex-prime minister, offering strategic and practical immigration advice.
Jayanti provides regular training and advice to UK employers on changes to immigration law. She also undertakes internal audits to ensure compliance with the latest regulations and legislation.
To receive Jayanti’s immigration law newsletter, or the Keystone monthly round up, please click here.
- Global Talent
- Skilled Worker Sponsor Licences
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Business
- Settlement and Naturalisation as a British citizen
- Private clients
- EU applications including EU Settlement Scheme
- Brexit immigration planning
- Family-based applications
- Acted as lead solicitor for an ex-Head of State, providing both strategic advice and practical advice.
- Acted for a number of high-profile artists and musicians.
- Acted for cutting-edge digital technology companies as recognised by Tech Nation UK.
- Obtained immigration permission under ‘Chen’ for an individual and his whole family.
- Regularly expedites Tier 2 sponsor licence applications.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Immigration
“Jayanti Mitra-Valdes is a sterling adviser and advocate: always available, very thoughtful, went the extra mile to figure out the right tactics and positioning and language for my visa application. Superb.” The Legal 500 2022
On a panel of lawyers for a Home Office-approved endorsing body under the Innovator route
Jayanti qualified as a solicitor in 2006. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, she worked at the following firms:
- The Brooke Consultancy
- CMS Cameron McKenna