Jeremy is a highly experienced commercial lawyer recognised by the legal directories as a leading individual specialising in commercial agreements and related competition and regulatory matters. He advises on a range of commercial and trading issues, including agency, distribution, supply, sale purchase, joint venture and franchise agreements as well as all aspects of the commercial exploitation of intellectual property rights, such as licensing and R&D agreements.
With a focus on both national and international work, Jeremy is involved in a range of industries including consumer goods, food and beverages, manufacturing, technology, e-commerce, healthcare, retail, and hotels and leisure.
Jeremy is a regular speaker at international conferences on commercial and intellectual property law. He is a member of the editorial board of LexisNexis (Reed Elsevier) and is their general editor on agency. He also sits on the faculty of the Practising Law Institute in New York.
- Commercial law
- Sale and purchase agreements
- Joint ventures
- Franchise agreements
- Advertising, marketing and sponsorship
- Legal audits and due diligence
- Consumer and regulatory complaints
- Intellectual property transactions (including content acquisition and technology agreements)
- Dispute resolution
- Strategic analysis
- Acted for Britvic plc on a number of new contracts dealing with global brands owned by Pepsi.
- Acted for Associated British Foods in connection with a number of its supply contracts.
- Structured and advised on Hill’s Petfood’s distribution network including advising on the competition law implications of their e-commerce and physical distribution platforms.
- Acted for one of the world’s largest food manufacturers on its manufacturing and supply agreements for various products.
- Provided strategic advice to one of the country’s leading bottlers on its licensing agreements with one of the world’s leading soft drink companies.
- Advised a leading biscuit manufacturer on its licensing arrangements with a leading confectionery manufacturer.
- Advised British Sugar in its UK sugar beet purchase agreements.
- Acted for Colgate-Palmolive in its agreements for an e-commerce platform.
- Acted for Britvic plc on its logistics and warehousing arrangements with Eddie Stobart.
- Worked on various manufacturing, sourcing and joint venture agreements for Diageo.
- Advising several household names on their European agency and distribution agreements and dealing with disputes including claims under the Commercial Agency Directive.
- Advising several international companies on their e-commerce platforms including on anti-trust issues and mandatory e-commerce rules in the EU.
- Acted for leading UK plcs in respect of planning for Brexit including amending existing contracts to take into account the possible effects of Brexit.
- Advised AA plc on its strategic relationship with the Bank of Ireland UK to provide a range of retail financial services to UK consumers.
- Assisted a Chinese bank in respect of FIFA’s structure and its commercial arrangements with particular emphasis on bribery issues.
- Acted for Visa Europe on technology deals including Apple Pay’s contactless payment system.
- Advising a number of household names on their UK marketing campaigns.
- Provided regulatory advice to Herbalife and others re multi-level marketing laws and commercial contracts.
- Reorganised and separated hundreds of contracts for one of the biggest internal business separation arrangements for a major multi-national in the entertainment industry.
- Acted on various content acquisition and licensing deals for Satellite Information Services Limited Dealing with advertising complaints and responding to ASA enquiries regarding the legality of advertisements.
- Worked on supply, R&D and IP licensing agreements for various pharmaceutical companies (primarily in the generics sector) including what was at the time considered the world’s largest (by value) settlement agreement (Omeprazole).
- Working on a huge range of commercial agreements in the hotel sector including international franchise agreements for one of the world’s leading hotel chains.
- Advised Ladbrokes on several high-profile commercial matters including its joint venture agreement with Playtech for the development and growth of its digital business.
- Negotiated Premier League shirt sponsorship deals with Premier League football clubs on behalf of various sponsors.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Intellectual Property: Patents (Contentious and Non-Contentious)
Recognised by The Legal 500 2021 for Intellectual Property: Patents (Contentious & Non-Contentious)
Recognised as a Leading Individual by the Legal 500 2020 for Commercial Contracts
Recognised in the Legal 500 2020 for Intellectual Property
“Jeremy Schrire effortlessly blends technical excellence with creative and highly commercial advice. His immense experience and pragmatism, allied with his approachability, make him a true go-to” Legal 500 2020
“Jeremy Schrire has a razor-sharp intellect and is very approachable” Legal 500 2020
Recognised as a Leading Individual by the Legal 500 2018 for Commercial Contracts
Jeremy Schrire is named as a leading individual by the Legal 500 2017 for Commercial Contracts
Listed as a leading individual in Legal 500 in Commercial Contracts (2016)
Described by the Legal 500 as someone of whom “clients cannot speak highly enough” and who “always wins the points that need winning” (2016)
Identified by the Legal 500 as a top-tier, leading lawyer and recognised for his “huge brain”, his “superb legal analysis of issues” and his “practical and robust solutions” (2016)
Listed as a leading lawyer by European Counsel and Global Counsel
Named as an expert in intellectual property and commercial law by Legal Business
Listed as an expert in both intellectual property and life sciences by PLC Which Lawyer
Jeremy qualified as a solicitor in 1986. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2017, he worked at the following firms:
- King & Wood Mallesons
- Clifford Chance
- Simmons & Simmons