Joe is a property lawyer specialising in commercial and mixed-use freeholds and leaseholds. His expertise centres on real estate investment and niche property/pension-related transactions (SIPP and SSAS) including acquisitions, asset management, disposals and refinancing.
Joe’s client base includes household-name pension and investment companies as well as high-net-worth investors based in the North East and across the country.
- Landlord and tenant – new/renewal leases (retail, office and industrial)
- Agreements for lease (conditional and unconditional)
- SIPP and SSAS pension-held property
- Asset management – lease assignments, underlettings and licences
- Freehold sales and purchases – existing stock, new-build and development sites
- Option and pre-emption agreements
- Conditional contracts
- Secured lending
- Corporate support on share/asset sales and purchases
- Established a modular investment site via shipping containers (Loughton, Essex)
- Panel member for various pension companies involved in volume property-based investment (country-wide)
- Acted in the turnkey relocation acquisition for automotive supplier (London Borough of Croydon)
- Acted in the management and disposal of flagship office premises for SIPP pension client (Leeds)
- Acted in the acquisition of multi-let new-build industrial premises for SSAS client (Derby)
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Joe qualified as a solicitor in 1996. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, he worked at the following firms:
- Womble Bond Dickinson