John is a highly experienced property solicitor advising high-net-worth clients, both onshore and offshore and, where appropriate, their trust companies, on the acquisition and disposal of residential property in the prime central London market. He also advises in relation to the de-enveloping of properties held in corporate vehicles, general landlord and tenant matters, freehold and leasehold enfranchisement, and Stamp Duty Land Tax issues.
John also advises clients on the sale and purchase of large country houses and estates, including those with mixed use or agricultural use.
Whilst many of John’s clients are high-profile individuals from the world of banking and finance and from the entertainment industry, he has a strong client base drawn from all walks of life.
- High-end residential property
- Leasehold and freehold enfranchisement
- Sale and purchase of country houses and estates
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Property development
- Landlord and tenant matters
- De-enveloping properties held in corporate vehicles
- Grant and release of easements
- Release of restrictive covenants
- Option agreements
- Acted in the purchase of a £12m leasehold property in central London for an overseas client by way of a UK company as nominee for the offshore trust company trustee of a complex trust structure and its related funding with separate lender’s solicitors.
- Acted in the purchase of a large country estate in Somerset with a Grade I Listed Building comprised within four separate titles and its related funding.
- Acted in the purchase of a large country estate in Gloucestershire with a Grade II Listed Building with numerous other separate dwellings
- Sale of central London freehold office premises for a film production company client for in excess of £6m.
- Acted in the purchase of a working farm in Devon.
- Acted in the purchase of high-end investment properties in central London for an entertainment industry client.
- Acted in the purchase of a residential development site and dealing with separate solicitors acting for both primary and secondary lenders with regard to its related funding.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in The Spear’s 2021 Property Advisers Index as a Top Recommended Lawyer
Recognised in The Spear’s 500 2020
John qualified as a solicitor in 1979. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at the following firms:
- Goodman Derrick
- Davenport Lyons