John acts mainly for offshore investors and developers of commercial property in inward UK investment, secured lending and development-related work for financial industry developers and funders.
John is a member of the Institute of Directors and the Guernsey International Legal Association.
We have done some Guernsey / UK property work with John recently which has worked very well and on which John has been tremendously helpful.
Partner & Advocate, Mourant Ozannes
- Acquisitions and disposals(freeholds and leaseholds), site acquisition and assembly, and investment purchases
- Development finance including due diligence, construction warranties, forward sales, overage, finance leases and joint ventures, including secondary and mezzanine lenders
- Secured lending (both corporate and property-based)
- Shareholder agreements
- Landlord and tenant, including Green Leases and CRC issues
- Corporate support on corporate-led transactions
- Company reconstruction and re-domiciliation
- Trust loans and administration
- Investment property re-gearing and letting
- SSAP and SIPP structures for property acquisition
- Advising on the financing of a hotel development at Heathrow on behalf of offshore lenders
- Advising on development finance of high-end residential developments in the home counties on behalf of offshore lenders
- Advising on the acquisition of a development site in the home counties for an offshore investor
- Advising on corporate lending and equity investment of a group of companies with property interests in Spain
- Advising on corporate lending and equity investment for an offshore lender relating to land interests in Southern Africa
- Advising on the security based on prime London properties for an offshore fund
- Acting on behalf of public sector bodies in relation to the disposal of surplus land for development
- Acting on behalf of developer on major office development in the City
- Acting for providers of land acquisition and mezzanine finance
- Acting for property funds on acquisitions and disposals of industrial estates and other investments
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
“We much appreciated your help and advice and your ability to lead the process to a positive conclusion.” Eugenio D’Urso, 2nd Vice President, Northern Trust
John qualified as a solicitor in 1977. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2013, he worked at the following firms:
- Clarke Willmott
- Simmons & Simmons
- Travers Smith