Jonathan is a property solicitor who deals with both commercial and residential property transactions. He often advises on the acquisition of residential blocks, industrial sites, office parks and mixed use developments for either the break-up of investment sales or residential plot sales.
Jonathan also advises commercial landlords on lettings and assists with residential lease extensions. His clients include property traders, developers and investors, and he has particular specialism in sub-sales and development sales (including Help to Buy).
- Lettings for commercial landlords and tenants
- Bridging finance for lenders and borrowers
- Acquiring and selling ground rents
- Residential lease extensions
- Selling 1987 Act protected buildings
- 999-year lease break-ups
- Auction sales and purchases
- Acting for High-Net-Worth Foreign investors
- Statutory lease extensions for residential property
- Acquisition of parade and offices in Central and Greater London, including dealing with the finance and sales, where the client carried out a 40-unit residential scheme. Work included off-plan plot sales (including Help to Buy Scheme), and the break-up of long lease investments of commercial parts, and sale of part car park for future development with the benefit of planning.
- Acquisition of mixed residential and commercial site in the Home Counties and regularisation of existing commercial leases to enable investment sale of commercial units on 999 lease terms and the sale of residential units, the refinance of entire site and eventual sale by way of Section 5 Notices.
- Acquisition and sub-sale of mixed residential and commercial parade. Acquired and sold within 5-working-day time frame.
- Acted on behalf of a ground rent freehold investor in respect of its acquisition and re-finance of 7,000 leasehold units, in relation to property management (lease extensions and enfranchisement), acquisition of further ground rent portfolios.
- Acted for Middle East investors in the acquisition of a Halls of Residence Student Accommodation at the University of Newcastle. Together with bespoke tax structuring.
- Sale of distressed Super Prime London Real Estate by way of court order on behalf of Foreign Jurisdiction Bank in liquidation to complex foreign corporate structures.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Jonathan qualified as a solicitor in 2013. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at the following firms:
- Cubism Law
- Howard Kennedy