Julia is a highly experienced family lawyer and divorce coach who advises individuals and couples through the legal and emotional turmoil of relationship breakdown. Her areas of expertise encompass all aspects of divorce and private family law, with a particular emphasis on resolving complex financial matters and issues involving an international dimension. Julia is also well versed in addressing parenting arrangements arising from separation and divorce.
Over her career, she has handled a diverse array of cases, including those involving high-value and complex issues such as tracing of assets, businesses, multiple property ownership, trust structures, large pensions, and pre-acquired and inherited wealth.
To support her clients, Julia collaborates closely with other professionals such as expert valuers, accountants, financial planners, and pension experts.
Julia is also a member of Resolution and, as a dual Spanish and English national, can advise in English, Spanish, and Catalan.
- Relationship breakdown
- Divorce and separation
- Financial settlements
- Child arrangements
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Jurisdictional issues
- International family law
- Advised on a high-net-worth international divorce case with assets over £300 million, involving potential jurisdictions in multiple countries. Orchestrated worldwide advice with foreign lawyers and a private law firm.
- Advised a Middle Eastern entrepreneur with worldwide interests worth over $400 million, involving competing jurisdictions and a post-nuptial agreement.
- Represented a Liechtenstein-based Family Foundation with assets in multiple jurisdictions in a Court of Appeal case, which remains a leading authority on territorial limitation of the English court.
- Represented an American tax lawyer during her divorce which involved consideration of the EU Maintenance Regulation and bilateral treaties.
- Acted for a CEO of a company in the City, involving various types of applications in the matrimonial proceedings.
- Advised a German national with business interests in multiple jurisdictions on his divorce, involving valuation and treatment of business interests and advising on financial settlement.
Diploma in Professional Divorce Coaching
Member of Resolution
Member of ICAG (Girona Lawyers’ Association – Spain)
Julia qualified as a solicitor in 2005 and became an accredited Divorce and Breakup Coach Practitioner in 2020. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2023, she had her own practice and worked at the following firms:
- Stewarts Law