Kash is an experienced commercial litigator with a particular focus in the construction, oil & gas, and finance sectors. He specialises in the resolution of complex, high-value disputes, usually with an international element, and has successfully advised clients in all forms of dispute resolution including adjudications, international arbitrations, mediations and high court litigation.
In addition to advising clients in the UK, over the course of his career, Kash has acquired extensive experience in dealing with disputes relating to or originating from sub-Saharan Africa. He has also built a broad network of contacts within the region.
In the construction sector, he has significant experience in negotiating amendments to standard-form construction contracts including ancillary construction documents such as collateral warranties, parent company guarantees, and other related agreements.
I can't recommend Kash too highly. He was always one step ahead, thorough, hard working, quick to learn and very personable. Any task I gave him, I knew he would do it well and on time (or ahead of time).
- International arbitration
- High Court litigation
- Construction contracts
- Defended a Nigerian energy company in the Commercial Court in England over alleged breaches of a multimillion-pound bond guarantee.
- Advised a Nigerian oil company in ICC Arbitration proceedings concerning a claim for over US$300 million in connection with the purchase of an oil mining licence.
- Acted for a West Africa-based private equity firm in a commercial court claim seeking damages of over US$ 3 million in relation to breaches of the terms of a share purchase agreement in a company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Advised a joint venture company between a subsidiary of a Nigerian oil company and a company registered in Singapore in an LCIA arbitration with regard to a fraud dispute relating to a multimillion-pound purchase of oil rigs.
- Acted for a Ghanaian bank to register and enforce Ghanaian judgements in England against UK assets of the bank’s debtors with debts of several millions of dollars owed to the bank.
- Acted for a leading technology and innovation company in response to proceedings issued in the London Court of International Arbitration for damages in the region of £500 million in which the claimant terminated the contract for alleged breaches of the contract. Primary issues related to the causes of the delay and disruption to the implementation of the contract.
- Acted for a global banking institution in High Court litigation proceedings involving a complex fraud claim against an international bank for damages in the region of £2 billion.
- Acted for a property developer based in Saudi Arabia in a negligence and fraud claim for over £6 million against a firm of solicitors in Liverpool for failing to prevent the fraudulent transfer of his properties in the UK and in some instances procuring the transfers.
- Acted for a property developer against two major UK banks in relation to its claims in the High Court, Administrative Court, and the FCA Redress Scheme for damages worth over £20 million in connection with the mis-sale of 7 Interest Rate Hedging Products.
- Acted for a property developer against a major UK Bank in relation to its claim in the High court for over £25 million in compensation for the mis-sale of 10 Interest Rate Hedging Products.
- Acted for Cambridgeshire County Council in TCC proceedings (including mediation proceedings) in relation to a delay and disruption dispute concerning the construction of the Cambridgeshire Guided Busway on the NEC 2 Contract for damages in the region of £100 million.
- Acted for a local authority in relation to a defects dispute concerning the construction of a high-value transportation infrastructure for damages in the region of £80 million.
- Acted in a professional negligence matter concerning defects arising from the negligent design of a high-value residential conversion.
- Acted for a developer in relation to a defects dispute concerning the design and construction of a major office development in Manchester.
- Acted on various adjudication proceedings concerning issues such as the determination of practical completion, validity of payless certificates and final accounts.
- Advised a private bank on the construction documentation in respect of a multimillion-pound office redevelopment.
- Advised a local authority in the negotiation of a highways contract based on the NEC3 standard form for circa £20 million.
- Advised a major developer in respect of a multimillion-pound redevelopment project involving renovating a couple of buildings and constructing new buildings on the site.
- Advised high-net-worth clients on the redevelopment and refurbishing of prime residential properties.
- Advised an international university on the development of its student accommodation in London.
- Advised on construction projects across a range of sectors including transportation, highways, and education.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Kash qualified as a solicitor in 2009. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at the following firms:
- BDB Pitmans
- Clifford Chance
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Skadden, Arps, Meagre & Flom