Katy is an employment lawyer who advises organisations and individuals on contentious, non-contentious and advisory employment matters across a range of sectors.
She has a particular expertise in complex and sensitive investigations, senior management terms and exits, the employment aspects of private mergers and acquisitions, and redundancy.
- Investigations, including disciplinary and grievances
- Employment law in corporate transactions
- Employment documentation, including employment contracts, staff handbooks, directors’ service agreements and consultancy agreements
- Senior management terms and exits
- Termination packages and settlement agreements
- Restructuring and redundancy
- Restrictive covenants
- Discrimination claims
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Incentive arrangements
- Pension schemes
- Advised US public chemicals company on the employment aspects of its acquisition of an environmental solutions technology company, including advice on management terms and unfair dismissal, negotiating settlement agreements and post-closing redundancy consultation process.
- Advised on employment and compliance investigations for an international bank into the alleged conduct of a member of senior management, conduct and culture more generally and a grievance investigation.
- Provided employment advice and day-to day support to Group GC and HR team of an international sports and entertainment experiences company.
- Advised a global investment management firm on the employment aspects of its acquisition of Nordic data centres and provided ongoing employment law support.
- Provided ongoing support for a US private equity firm on the employment aspects of its portfolio investments across the healthcare and energy and infrastructure industry.
- Provided advice to a US entertainment technology company on the redundancy of a UK-based employee.
- Defended a listed British house-building company against claims of age discrimination and unfair dismissal brought by a former main board director seeking £27 million+ in compensation.
- Acted in the defence of an unfair dismissal and perceived disability discrimination claim brought against a leading medical devices company.
- Advised a leading US-headquartered pharmaceutical company on the employment issues arising in connection with its attempt to acquire the shares of a UK lens solution company.
- Defended a leading US airline against an Employment Tribunal claim arising out of the closure of its London-based call centre.
Current member of the Management Committee of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Katy qualified as a solicitor in 2007. Prior to joining Keystone Law, she worked at the following firms:
- Gibson Dunn
- Barlow Lyde and Gilbert