Kim has over 20 years’ experience in family law. She provides legal expertise for clients who primarily consist of high net worth individuals, senior management professionals, business owners, entrepreneurs and international clients.
Kim specialises in financial settlements on relationship breakdown, often involving complex trust and tax issues, pre and post marital agreements, co-habitation and separation agreements and disputes concerning children.
A regular article contributor who speaks at industry conferences, Kim has co-authored Family Law Factbook and is a member of Resolution.
Clients benefit from Kim’s successful, results-focused track record mixing astuteness, tenacity and pragmatism with empathy and warmth.
You have made a long and potentially knotty process so much easier with your professional, kind and pragmatic approach. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I need to say again how immensely grateful and appreciative I am for everything you’ve done. I think I’d have ended up feeling quite despairing without your practical help, not to mention your patience and effectiveness.
I really appreciated your expertise in this matter and thank you for making it a relatively easy process!
I’m so glad I’ve had the meeting with you and thank you for sending through your recommendations so quickly.
For a meeting that I wasn’t particularly looking forward to, I walked out feeling strangely content.
Thank you so much for all your massive support and endurance through this whole unpleasant mess. I feel extremely lucky that you agreed to take me on as a client.
- All aspects of relationshipbreakdown, including divorce and financial settlements
- Children arrangements, includingfinancial claims on behalf of children of unmarried couples
- Pre and post nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Property disputes between co-habitees
- Acted for spouse with substantial assets including extensive art collection, requiring careful valuation and negotiations to reach a creative and bespoke solution to division of assets on divorce.
- Acted for wife on marriage breakdown whose husband had assumed several identities in a number of countries, to secure a significant financial settlement following complex cross-border litigation.
- Acted for husband whose spouse had a severe mental health condition, necessitating sensitive handling to achieve a financial settlement.
- Acted for husband in a divorce involving numerous complex family trusts and successfully preserving these.
- Prepared a post marital agreement to mirror terms of South African pre -marital agreement for an international couple.
- Acted for eminent nuclear scientist to obtain search orders to discover the whereabouts of his children abducted overseas and obtaining orders for their return.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in the Spear’s 2021 Family Law Index as a Recommended Lawyer
Recognised in Spear’s 500 2020 and 2021 as a Recommended Family Lawyer
Member of Resolution
Kim qualified as a solicitor in 1991. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, she worked at the following firms:
- Peacock & Co Solicitors
- Rodgers & Burton Solicitors