Laura is a banking and finance lawyer with over a decade’s experience advising financial institutions and corporates on international capital markets, derivatives and structured finance transactions, and related corporate and regulatory considerations.
She has particular expertise advising in relation to on- and off-balance sheet derivative securities and OTC derivatives linked to equities, indices, funds, rates, inflation, FX, commodities and credit, in addition to vanilla debt securities issuances and offering documentation. Laura’s OTC derivatives experience also includes ISDA negotiation, and documenting hedging and collateral arrangements.
Laura has also acted on related matters, such as advising obligors on state-guaranteed debt schemes, disclosure obligations, restructuring of existing obligations, and the impact of corporate reorganisations and mergers on their obligations, as well as ancillary commercial and regulatory agreements including guarantees, confidentiality agreements, novation and amendment agreements.
Laura has worked in London, Hong Kong and Singapore in private practice and on secondment to the in-house legal teams of two global investment banks.
- Capital Markets, including debt securities, debt issuance programmes, commercial paper, secured notes and stand-alone bonds offered on both a retail and a wholesale basis, domestically and cross-border
- Structured finance and structured products, such as derivative securities including notes, warrants and certificates, asset-backed securities and repackaging
- Derivatives, including negotiating ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Documents as well as other bespoke collateral arrangements and drafting Transaction Confirmations
- Expertise across asset classes, including equity derivatives, fund derivatives, FX derivatives, commodity derivatives and credit derivatives
- Hedging arrangements, including bond hedging, structured finance hedging, loan hedging and fuel hedging
- Corporate law and corporate governance
- Regulatory advice, including international listing rules, the Prospectus Directive, the Transparency Directive, Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and Benchmark Regulation
- Advising global investment banks including Citigroup, HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank in relation to the updating of, and issuance under, their derivative securities issuance platforms.
- Advising obligors and underwriters on debt securities issuances, including obligors in the mining, aviation, TMT and banking sectors, and supranational entities. Particular highlights include advising the arranger and underwriter in relation to the establishment of a debut issuer’s USD 500,000,000 Medium Term Note Programme listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Advising an obligor in relation to merger and substitution rights under its outstanding debt securities in conjunction with a corporate reorganisation, successfully resulting in those obligations being transferred to another group entity.
- Advising a global investment bank on the disposal of the OTC derivatives business of its Jakarta branch.
- Advising financial institutions on the drafting and negotiation of bespoke commercial and regulatory agreements in the capital markets and derivatives sector, including a collaboration and outsourcing arrangement relating to calculation and data services for proprietary indices, and distribution, brokerage and liquidity agreements for debt and derivative securities.
- Advising a corporate in relation to a bespoke swap agreement relating to the issuance of USD 1.2 billion perpetual convertible securities.
- Establishing a secured note issuance platform in reliance on the Luxembourg Securitisation Act and the documentation of issuances under that platform.
- Advising Citigroup in relation to multiple pan-European retail offerings of debt and derivative securities on a domestic and passported basis, a particular highlight being the public offering and debut listing of their USD 22,500,000 Fixed-to-Floating Rate Notes on the MOT retail bond regulated market of the Italian Stock Exchange.
- Advising on emerging market equity derivatives, credit derivatives and FX derivatives on an OTC and securitised basis, particularly focusing on analysing domestic rules and regulation to structure and document bespoke market access products, equity and credit default swaps and securities across the Asian and African markets.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Laura qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2013, she worked at the following firms:
- Credit Suisse
- Allen & Overy