Lizzie is a dual-qualified solicitor in England and Wales and New Zealand.
Lizzie is a member of the Dispute Resolution team and assists across a range of commercial and private disputes.
Previously, Lizzie worked as an in-house solicitor for the New Zealand Government where she was a part of the legal services team across two ministries: Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children, and Ministry of Social Development.
- Drafting pleadings, correspondence, and trial documents
- Litigation preparation
- Preparing and filing court applications and documents
- Court attendance as instructing solicitor
- Conducting legal research
- Attending and advocating in Family Court and District Court
- Completing and filing Registrar’s submissions
- Advocacy in District Court for fraud prosecution
- Preparing sentencing submissions
- Advising on case consultations
- Research for principal solicitor of the Ministry of Children on new legislation (for example, Special Guardianship under the New Zealand Oranga Tamariki Act 1989)
- Junior Counsel to the principal solicitor of the Ministry for Children in a High Court of New Zealand appeal case regarding costs.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Lizzie joined Keystone Law in 2018 as a paralegal and qualified as a solicitor in 2021. Prior to joining Keystone Law, Lizzie worked at the following firms:
- Ministry of Social Development and Ministry for Children, Oranga Tamariki
- Chris Ritchie Law, Wellington