Lizzie is a paralegal at Keystone Law, and assists the Dispute Resolution team across a range of disputes. Previously, she worked as an in-house solicitor for the New Zealand Government where she was a part of the legal services team for two different ministries.
- Attending and advocating in Family Court and District Court
- Completing and filing Registrar’s submissions
- Preparing memorandums and applications
- Checking court documents and social work reports
- Litigation preparation
- File checking for fraud prosecution
- Preparing sentencing submissions
- Attending and advocating in District Court for fraud prosecution
- Completing records of court hearings
- Attending and advising on case consultations
- Research on new legislation (for example, Special Guardianship under the New Zealand Oranga Tamariki Act 1989)
- Junior Counsel to the principal solicitor of the Ministry for Children in a High Court of New Zealand appeal case regarding costs.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, Lizzie worked at the following firms:
- Ministry of Social Development and Ministry for Children, Oranga Tamariki
- Chris Ritchie Law, Wellington