Louise is a disputes solicitor with a distinct specialism in domestic and international civil fraud, cryptocurrency, and asset recovery. The cases she advises on often involve tracing and recovering the proceeds of fraud on behalf of claimants. She has particular experience acting on cases where there are criminal, restraint, or regulatory proceedings running in parallel.
Louise is also an expert in company shareholder disputes, corporate and financial litigation, fraudulent litigation, misrepresentation, bribery and corruption. She supports clients caught up in collective investment schemes, Ponzi and advance fee fraud schemes, employee frauds, insolvency litigation, breach of trust, and directors’ duties.
Many of the cases Louise works on are multi-jurisdictional and can be high-profile or sensitive investigations.
Louise’s clients are leading global businesses, professional bodies and international organisations, as well as ultra-high-net-worth individuals and entrepreneurial businesses.
- Civil fraud
- Commercial disputes
- Reputation management
- Shareholder disputes
- Financial disputes
- Acted for the defendant in two sets of proceedings involving an alleged boiler room fraud. Successfully discharged a worldwide freezing injunction obtained against the client in both actions which involved connected proceedings in multi-jurisdictions.
- Acted in a complex, multi-jurisdictional, high-value, multi-party fraud claim involving the reclaim of withholding tax on shares, with over 100 defendants and linked proceedings in the US, Dubai and Malaysia.
- Acted for an FCA-regulated money exchange company on a high-value, complex, cross-border dispute that resulted from the client’s appointment as trustee to a number of international investment schemes. The scheme did not perform and following allegations of running a Ponzi Scheme has seen three suits brought by US and Australian investors.
- Acted for a shareholder in a claim involving allegations that the company was utilised for personal enrichment and unlawful activities, involving allegations of money laundering, fraud, and corruption.
- Acted for a shareholder in a cryptocurrency business dealing with cross-border disputes and allegations of large-scale fraud.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in The Legal 500 2023 as a Leading Individual for Commercial Litigation: Mid Market
Recognised in The Legal 500 2023 for Fraud: Civil
“Louise Abbott is a highly professional practitioner, who brings a realism and practical approach to her cases. Her client care is exceptional.” The Legal 500 2023
“Louise Abbott is a superb practitioner in the fields of commercial litigation and civil fraud. She is knowledgeable and bright, hardworking and highly effective. She is also very good to work with and a good member of a team.” The Legal 500 2023
“Louise Abbott – exceptional hands-on commitment to the case in hand and round-the-clock availability. Support where needed and excellent value for money.” The Legal 500 2023
“Louise Abbott – an effective litigator who is able to manage difficult clients well and can get to grips with complex litigation speedily.” The Legal 500 2023
“In my experience, Louise Abbott is a superb practitioner in the fields of commercial litigation and civil fraud. She is knowledgeable and bright, hard-working and highly effective. She is also very good to work with and a good member of a team.” The Legal 500 2023
Recommended in The Legal 500 2020 for Commercial Litigation
Recommended in The Legal 500 for London: Crime, Fraud and Licensing – Fraud Civil, and London: Dispute Resolution – Commercial Litigation
Member of the Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association
Founder of the LB Business Network
Louise qualified as a solicitor in 2003. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she was Head of Commercial Litigation and Civil Fraud at Howard Kennedy.